These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Patch volume problem
by Mat_B on 2012-11-10 07:51:38

Hi Guys. I've noticed a problem with my POD, hopefully it's user error rather than hardware fault. I've made couple of new patches, clean on 1A and distorted on 1B. All saved and synced with POD. Now everything is fine when I'm on 1B but volume drops down by at least 40% when I press 1A. It only happens when I change between them two using POD switches. No volume drops if change between them two using HD Edit software. What could be causing this issue? How can I fix it? Help please!

Thanks

M.

Edit: I managed to fix this problem, kind of. After setting up my patches, saving and syncing with POD I unplugged the USB cable. Changing from 1B to 1A did cause a volume drop but then I went into patch settings and adjusted it (on the POD, without connecting it back to my PC). Then I saved it. No more volume drops but please don't tell me this is the right way of doing things, HD Edit software is user unfriendly enough without that.

Message was edited by: Me

Re: Patch volume problem
by butz79 on 2012-11-13 05:58:59

I got a similar, serious problem with the HD 500 Edit - software ....

1.) I'm editing the volume levels (in this case it's the "channel volume" of the AC-30 TB-ampmodel) of certain patches to align them to one another.

2.) for every patch I sync the new setting by pressing the "SEND"-button afterwards

3.) after having finished I quit the Edit-software and: The volume levels return to the state they were BEFORE editing ! :-(

4.) when I unplug the HD 500 from power supply and replug it - suddenly the volume levels are correct (means: to the desired state AFTER editing)

.... for your information: I got the newest versions of HD500-Edit and firmware.

This problem is a real pain in the ass and makes me think of selling my HD 500 .... is this a known issue ? What might help ?

Thanks,

butz

by silverhead on 2012-11-13 06:48:03

I would try recalibrating the pedal (both of you - Mat_B and butz79).

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2223

Given">http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2223">http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2223

Givenyour symptoms I am not sure that this will help, but it's worth a try and will at least eliminate a possibility.

by MelThorpe on 2012-11-13 09:26:06

I have the same issue. I have the HD Pro and if I change anything in HD Edit and send it to the POD, then change the preset to something else and change it back using the shortboard it gives me the sound that was there before I made the changes. I usually bounce the POD and everything is as it should be after I saved changes.

Im sure I am doing something wrong, but as to what I have no idea.

by butz79 on 2012-11-18 10:30:55

Hi silverhead,

thanks for your answer. Unfortunately calibrating the pedal didn't help ...

Maybe this precise description of the problem might help:

1.) In HD500-Edit, I select a patch, turn up the volume of the amp to 100% -> It gets LOUDER !

2.) I save it by clicking "SEND SELECTED" -> it's still LOUDER !

3.) I quit the HD500-Edit-program -> ... still LOUDER

4.) I select another patch by pressing it with my foot and then go back to the patch I manipulated before --> it's not louder anymore .

5.) I start the HD500-Edit-program -> it's LOUDER again !

That's weird, isn't it ? I'm really grateful for every hint ....

Butz

by silverhead on 2012-11-18 10:43:49

That's very weird, and makes me think there's a software corruption in either your Edit program or the device firmware.

I would reinstall the Edit program first to see if that resolves things. If not, use the Editor to save any existing setlists/presets that you care about and then use Line 6 Monkey to reinstall the device firmware, selecting to replace existing presets. Then use the Editor again to restore saved setlists/presets.

by ZibeX on 2012-11-18 10:44:03

guys

I am new in the world of pod hd pro but had similar issue you descrbe above. One thing to try is to check that input and output settings are set properly and the patch you are editing/downloading has same settings.

by dbgrant on 2012-11-18 16:13:54

Hi all.

I have a very similar problem to butz79, but on the HD500 itself. I increased the volume on one of my patches, saved it, clicked to another patch, then when I clicked back the volume was at its original level. I have retried, rebooted, made sure I was pressing save twice, retried, rebooted again, and nothing works. Changes do not persist. I first noticed this problem with preset patches that wouldn't save tweaks I made, but I was still able to tweak my own patches and save so I didn't worry too much. Now it's happening with my own patches.

I'll try again using the Edit software, but this problem happened at a rehearsal and I have to be able to make changes on the fly.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

by dbgrant on 2012-11-23 19:40:35

The forum's back! My problem has been solved and I thought I should post the solution in case it helps the OP and others with similar issues.

I saved my setlists using HD500 Edit and then bit the bullet, did a clean flash reinstall, as there was a new update available. For some reason it didn't work properly the first time and I could still see my patches, so I did it again. Then I performed a global settings reset as described here...

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2222

ThenI recalibrated the expression pedal as described here...

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2223

Isent my saved setlists back to the HD500 and everything seems to be back to normal. I can make changes to my patches, save them, click to a different patch and when I click back the changes are preserved. Success! And it only took a few minutes.

by JTSC777 on 2012-11-26 21:46:13

Glad you resolved that! When I get levels set  where I want them and I am using the edit I reach over and save using the button on the POD HD300 itself. I started doing this when I (probably user error) started noticing some similar wierdness. If you save from the front it is saved period!

Good Luck!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.