These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

loss of tone with wah off on hd500
by ibanez001 on 2012-11-11 06:52:43

Can anybody tell how to fix this? I have my wah positioned at the beginning of the fx chain. It works perfectly when its on but when off its sounds like its still on. "Treble tone" or "tinny" don't know how else to describe it. But it kinda like its not a true bypass. I toggle the effect off manually and I have my tone restored but as soon  as I put it back (in the off position) in line I lose all low end. Also I notice it more on clean but still an issue with distortion also just not as bad

Re: loss of tone with wah off on hd500
by phil_m on 2012-11-11 10:51:20

It sounds like you're not really turning the wah off. In order to operate a wah pedal correctly, you need to not only assign it to be controlled by EXP1 or EXP2 (probably EXP2 if you're not using an additional external expression pedal), but you also need to assign the wah effect block to be turned on and off with the expression toe switch.

Re: loss of tone with wah off on hd500
by ibanez001 on 2012-11-11 12:53:12

Thank  you! Never thought I had to do that since the wah wasn't working when it was off. Just sounded like an env filter. But that was it  and my tones are awesome again.

This thing is too complicated for me. I'm just a dumb guitarist I guess I need an IT guy for a roadie. I miss my XT live.

But anyway thank you so much again for helping me out

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.