These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

Looper loses its sample
by ms56 on 2012-11-12 14:12:05

Hi, I've been having an issue with the looper on my M9 and was wondering if anyone could help.  Several times now I have had an issue where I record something into the looper, and it plays back right away and everything is fine.  I can leave looper mode, come back to it, and it is still there and plays fine.  However I was playing live Saturday night, and recorded my sample then left looper mode for about an hour (never shut the unit off) and when I came back to looper mode to actually play my sample for real in the song, the looper was blank.  No sample there anymore.  This has happened to me several times - whenever I leave the looper mode for a while and come back to it, the sample isn't there.  Is there somehow something I am doing when out of looper mode that might be erasing the file?  Or is this a bug, has anyone else had this?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Looper loses its sample
by TheRealZap on 2012-11-12 14:19:01

the looper will clear if you use the tuner, i believe... perhaps you are using the tuner?

by ms56 on 2012-11-12 14:36:25

Yes I do use the tuner.  That could be it then.  Thanks for clearing that up, though if you're right, who the heck designed that?  Is there some reason I'm missing why someone would want the tuner to erase the looper?  Or is that the only way they made to erase the looper if you want to start from scratch again, to turn the tuner on?

by TheRealZap on 2012-11-12 15:47:49

No idea, why it's like that... i just know that it is like that on the pod HD's and i'd assume the m-series since they share the same effects.

by ms56 on 2012-11-13 05:53:14

Thanks for your answer.  Sounds like a bug to me.  Hopefully to be addressed should there be an update patch down the road.  Can't imagine that functionality was planned or necessary.

by phil_m on 2012-11-13 06:07:57

It's not a bug. It's how the looper works on all Line 6 products that have loopers and tuners. I'm not going to take time to look up the threads, but Line 6 has said a number of times that it's just a design limitation they have to work with.

by ms56 on 2012-11-13 06:43:11

OK, then I'll call it a bizarre design instead of a bug.  Strange and not helpful to lose your looper sample just because you need to tune up!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.