These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Line 6 X2 Digital Wireless

XDR95 short signal dropouts
by Rob-Roy on 2012-11-13 04:23:35

Hello,

so I bought probably best wireless I could afford - the price / performance is just incredible - for my rack setup. And of course it is second-hand buy via e-Bay.

The problem is that I'm getting really short signal dropouts. I can't say if the receiver goes completely OFF and then back ON but sure thing is, that all 4 RF signal diodes on receiver go dark and then after 1-2 seconds back on green. It causes 1-2 second long sound drop. I would like to know what's the matter.

...I will try to take a video record of the situation so I could see if the receiver goes completely off or only signal.

But what are the potentional problems?

I'm using XDS compatibilty mode because I don't have XDT4 transmitter. I got only XDT1 transmitter.

I'm from central Europe and I just found out that XDR95 is supposed to work only in North America. Is it possible cause?

Could the POWER SUPPLY cause the problem?

...ideas?

Thanks,

R#

EDIT: So it looks like solved problem. I must leave this beautiful gear to someone who can use it without distraction by cellphones.

Re: XDR95 short signal dropouts
by dboomer on 2012-11-13 14:51:39

X2 besides being illegal in Europe doesn't work there very well because high power cell towers will knock it off the air as they run on the same frequencies.

by Rob-Roy on 2012-11-27 00:53:21

Hello dboomer,

thanks for the reply. I must say I'm not glad to read this. Is there any way to modify working frequencies of my XDR95 receiver and XDT1 transmitter? I don't want to give up this piece of gear! :-(

by dboomer on 2012-11-27 08:35:22

Unfortunately changing radio frequencies would require a lot of things to be different to put them in a band you could use in Europe ... not to mention the very stiff certification fees.  That's why we developed Relay 2.4G systems.  They are basically legal everywhere (194 countries)

by Rob-Roy on 2012-12-03 04:33:22

And are you able to name these things required for changing frequencies?

Thanx.

by dboomer on 2012-12-03 08:10:48

Well it depends on what frequency you want to change it to.  You'd need to either move down to 433 MHz or up to 2.4GHz to be legal.

The first job would be to write new firmware.  The frequencies of a digital radio aren't set by component values. Clock timings would need to change to be compatable with a new frequency band.

I don't know the exact range of what's possible and which components would be the first limitations but they start to come into play as you move frequency  much.  RF amplifiers (IC's) only operate in a narrow band so the'd have to be switched.  All physical bandpass filters would need new component values. Also the proximity of components on the pcb would start to become critical depending on frequency.  You would definately need to re-tune the antennas by altering their length.

Unfortunately it's not a weekend project.

by Rob-Roy on 2012-12-15 05:40:07

Hello, thanks for informations.

I think I should buy G90 system instead of doing try / fail job. Damn!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.