These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: DT50/DT25

Configuring DT50 via Midi
by axeofcreation on 2012-11-14 16:17:27

I was really excited to hear about the firmware upgrade for the DT50. I upgraded the firmware no problem but now I'm trying to learn how to configure my DT50 via MIDI. I understand the Midi CC and value #'s but what I don't understand is how to get that information into my DT50.  My setup is as follows; HD Pro, FBV shortboard and my DT50. Now I hooked up my DT50 via USB to MIDI cable and that worked fine. I've been using the HD Pro as my interface. 

So my question is can I send the proper midi info via my FBV or HD Pro?

I don't have a ipad or iphone so the "midi mobilzer" aspect of this is irrelevant.

Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Regards

Re: Configuring DT50 via Midi
by TheRealZap on 2012-11-14 16:42:15

lots of different methods buried in this thread: http://line6.com/support/message/399463#399463">http://line6.com/support/message/399463#399463">http://line6.com/support/message/399463#399463

by hollis1003 on 2012-11-15 05:51:17

That's what i haven't figured out yet.  I was able to finally use Midi Ox to get all the voicings and reverbs I want out of the DT but the POD HD does not send specific Midi signals to the DT.  It should be able to do things like change channels, but the POD can't tell the DT to switch a voicing or cabinet or something.  I need to get out the old Midi cable and see if the normal midi messages will change the voicings.

by hollis1003 on 2012-11-15 06:18:40

OK, so Midi out from POD HD 500 into Midi in of the DT-50 head does not do anything.  If the DT had midi like a rack effect (like a G Major or something) then it would switch presets.  I was hoping the voicings on the DT would act as presets but that does not seem to be the case.

Zap, how would the L6 Link change anything on the DT?  If you choose "Amp Disabled" on the POD then there are no controls available to change voicings, modes, or class on the DT.

I was hoping to experiment with a 4CM today but the POD alone cannot control the DT voicings in the 4CM through L6 link or Midi by any way I can see.  I can have a separate channel switch and change channels on the DT but that will be a completely separate function.

Any ideas?

by hollis1003 on 2012-11-15 06:48:54

I can control the DT using a footswitch on the POD through the "Controller" page in the POD HD 500 Edit program (using L6 Link) but just changing presets on the POD does not change the voicing.  I have to change presets, then hit the footswitch.

by axeofcreation on 2012-11-15 09:20:29

I though since you can go in and use the FBV as a midi controller you would be able to send the correct midi information but this is not the case. I'm not running a PC so Midi OX won't cure my ills.

I was able use Ableton Live to send the midi to the amp! I can post how I did that once I get comfortable with it.

I am curious though a a couple setting. I understand the difference between selecting an amp to further tweak (Ch 11) or using defaults (Ch 12).....but why the parameter for the EQ knobs? Does setting the amps not change over the correct knobs?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.