These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Relay Digital Wireless

Relay G90 dropout problem
by bassboard on 2012-11-16 09:42:06

Hi, I'm a bass player and I got my Relay G90 a little over a year ago. It is rackmounted directly under my Furman power conditioner and above a Petersen stroborack tuner and I use the front antenna mounts (C/D). Initially it seemed to work fine but then about 8 months ago I started to get occasional dropouts. Over time these dropouts have gotten more frequent and they now occur at least once every 2-3 minutes. When a dropout occurs the front LEDs go to red and the signal cuts for approximately 0.5 to 1 second. I have tried all 12 available channels as well as both HI and LO power settings on the transmitter with the same results. In addition, our guitar player has a G50 and his works flawlessly with no dropouts whatsoever. I have also used his transmitter paired with my G90 with the same dropout problems. I don't see this as a location problem because why would the G50 work fine then? Plus, how can a supposed "Pro" piece of gear be so susceptible to interference from WiFi etc??? Are we supposed to include in our tech rider that "all WiFi in a 1000 ft radius of the stage must be shut off!"?? The Relay G90 sounds great when it's working but right now I basically have an $800 piece of junk taking up space in my rack. What should I do? Please help.

Re: Relay G90 dropout problem
by dboomer on 2012-11-16 18:48:51

Doesn't sound like interference at all.  Assuming that you have correctly assigned the antenna assignment switch to the jacks that you are using this sounds like you have a hardware issue.  I would suggest opening a a service ticket and having your system checked.

You might want to check your system with it removed from your rack just to rule that out before you send it in for service.

Re: Relay G90 dropout problem
by bassboard on 2012-11-19 08:10:58

Thanks, I will open a service ticket. Hopefully it is something that can be easily repaired.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.