These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: DT50/DT25

needing some help id'ing some parts
by umkills on 2012-11-18 13:08:38

hey i bought a dt-50 2X12 about 18 months ago, and 2 nights ago my friends lil boy unplugged my speakers outta the back while i was jamming on it, needless to say, with no load for my amp to push. it cooked some caps. a diode and a few resistors. i live in a pretty remote part of kentucky and sending my amp out to get repair is just not time or money feasable, even more so when i'm moderately skilled at working on amps / electronics how ever some of the parts that got cooked are not able to be id'd due to them being burnt, so i'm gonna posts the numbers of them in accordance to where they go on the board, and hopefully someone can either give me the color code, the value, or both for the ones i'm needing...it would be extremely helpful (oh and i have no warrenty on the amp before ya guys mention that) heres the parts list, if pictures would be more helpful, just let me know and i'll upload a few

1.) R3

2.) R11

those 2 resistors are by the ac heater fuse F1

3.) R49

4.) R65

5.) D34

these resistors and the diode are all located at the bottom left of of my V3 tube socket

thats all that i cannot id, the caps, well it'd take alot to burn them up completely

but yea any help at all would be helpful, i dont  have another amp to look at to compare to, so if anyone out there could help me out with the color code, the value, or both would be VERY much appreciated

Thanks guys, hope to hear back from you all

Re: needing some help id'ing some parts
by umkills on 2012-11-22 07:40:12

wow, really? nobody has opened one of these up yet? i'm just needing the order of the colored bands on the resistors itd be something like, brown, green, red, gold for example...the little lines on then things. wouldn't take 30minutes at most to pull the head outta the cab, and look at them...come on guys i could really use some help..send me a private msg or something...please..thanks

by RPascarella on 2012-11-25 09:53:46

OK, here's what I have in my DT50 1x12 combo.

> 1.) R3

> 2.) R11

> those 2 resistors are by the ac heater fuse F1

These appear to be the same value, brown-black-brown-gold, so 100 ohms, +/-5%.  They each measure out to about 50 ohms in-circuit.

> 3.) R49

> 4.) R65

These appear to be the same value, yellow-purple-brown-gold, so 470 ohms, +/-5%.  They each measure out to about 235 ohms in-circuit.

> 5.) D34

Appears to be a standard 1N4007 and is the same as D33 and D35 nearby.

Hope this helps!

IMG_1917_sm.jpgIMG_1918_sm.jpg

by umkills on 2012-11-25 13:53:58

hell yeah man, your a lifesaver, you really just made my day, time to order my parts, and my hats off to you bro, thanks ALOT this was very much appreciated

by RPascarella on 2012-11-25 18:37:15

My pleasure, I know how you feel, been there a bunch myself.  Glad to help, and let me know if you need anything else.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.