These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

why has X3 got more amps then HD ? upgrade from XT ... thinking X3 am I wrong ?
by thomas4d on 2012-11-18 21:25:34

HI all about to upgrade,. normally i used the computer tone for jaming and recording ( Pod farm/Guitar Rig/GTR/Ampitude)

but doing live shows so thinking should upgrade my live rig upgrading from a XT

but looking at it ? why pay extra for HD ? when i get more amps with X3 ? is HD twice as good as X3 with less amps ?

also plugin into protools 10 does HD offer more workflow options ?

Thanks for Any input

Joy

Re: why has X3 got more amps then HD ? upgrade from XT ... thinking X3 am I wrong ?
by jimsreynolds on 2012-11-19 00:34:24

Basically, the amp and FX models on the HD models are significantly better than the ones that have come before.   It is an issue of quality over quantity.  Twice as good? Dunno, depends on what your ears tell you.  Personally, I did not rate Pod modelling too highly before the HD but the models on this one respond much closer to real amps and that is important to me.

For plugins ... well actually the POD HD's do not do this.  They do not behave like a VST so you cannot insert them somewhere within a workflow.  A Pod HD, when connected with a USB cable, will become your PC's Audio Interface.  That is the whole extent of the routing options.  You cannot use the HD flexibly within a mixing scenario other than with an external mixing desk etc.

It is fair to say that there is some functionality on the POD HD's predecessors that is desirable but did not make it onto the HD series.  With that said, for live performance, the POD HD is more convincing.  You takes your choices.

Re: why has X3 got more amps then HD ? upgrade from XT ... thinking X3 am I wrong ?
by Octo777 on 2012-11-19 01:52:51

Jim nailed it here with three simple words.

Quality over quantity.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.