These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

Spider IV 75 + FBV Express Volume Sensativity Adjustment Issue
by Arctonyx on 2012-11-21 08:54:17

So this is my first post here, sorry if this is a dublicate, I tried hunting around in the forum and in the manual for an answer, but couldn't find anything. So I would appreciate a guiding hand on this subject.

My question is simple. I'm trying to adjust the volume sensitivity on my FBV express pedal. I find that when I'm playing live that the volume ramps up too quickly for my taste, when I take my foot of the pedal the switch adjusts ever so slightly and that changes the volume significantly (noob mistake I know, but I hate it when it happens). What I want is a way to insure a small minute slip of my foot wont blow the eardrums off the audience. I usually play for small crowds between 40 - 100 people.

If I set the volume preset on my pedal to say... 50% will that give me a more sensative range? Right now that's my best guess, I haven't had a chance to test it out yet, but I was hoping if someone else has issues with a shakey foot, they might have come up with a different solution. Most of the time I just plan ahead and set the preset to the volume I want, but I lose the abillity to change dynamically, (if the drummer gets too loud during the chorus for instance). And no, I don't trust the sound guy to take care of that for me. So... any thoughts?

Thanks

Ps if someone wants to give me a new foot, I'll take that too.

Re: Spider IV 75 + FBV Express Volume Sensativity Adjustment Issue
by fflbrgst on 2012-11-26 05:59:14

Yes, adjust the pedal accordingly, the smaller the volume range (from heel down to toe down), the less 'sensitive' it will be,.

Vol

Press right arrow from the Boost screen to see Vol. If you have an FBV with an EXP pedal, you can use it as a dedicated Volume pedal. The parameters for Volume are Min (the minimum volume for heel down), Max (the maximum volume for toe down) and Routing, which routes the volume pedal pre or post Amp Model. Vol is saved per preset.

by Jimmikatt on 2012-11-29 03:30:16

Hey ffbrgst.... can the pedal also be adjusted for the wah.?  i think the default setting has too much scoop / range, and would like to shorten it a bit,

to get the feel more like the cry baby Original.  it makes it hard to get the right wah tone i want being the pedal sensitivity.

any suggestions.?

by fflbrgst on 2012-11-29 05:55:41

Yes, you can!  You can also choose from multiple Wah models (assuming you have updated your amp to the new firmware).

by Jimmikatt on 2012-11-29 12:56:31

damn i have been lazy lately, i missed 2 updates, although i must admit, i'm not a tweaker.

i use a clean and a dirty channel, once i have found my sweet spots, i don't mess with things.

i really need to try experimenting with different things, but it's hard to teach old dogs new tricks.

Thanks for the update reminder.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.