These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

POD X3 Live recording problems. no sound
by DomasN on 2012-11-27 07:54:53

Hello.

So I've always recorded music with my Pod X3 Live and Cakewalk Sonar 8.5 (Producer Edition). I stopped half a year ago and now I decided to continue. I reinstalled my software, got up to date through Line6 Monkey, but I can't get the configurations right. When I connect my earphones to the Pod or the Pod to an amp - everything's fine. But when I connect the Pod to my pc via usb - Sonar catches no sound at all. What I find curious, Audacity does kind of work, but the audio level is way too low.

Here's some screenshots of my settings and the recording.

What should I change?

Re: POD X3 Live recording problems. no sound
by silverhead on 2012-11-27 09:18:01

In Sonar, make sure the Audio Setup (or whatever it is called) is configured to use the X3 and its ASIO driver as the audio input/output device. Based on the sonar audio settingsjpg you attached you need to uncheck your Realtek device and replace it with the X3 ASIO.

by DomasN on 2012-11-27 12:16:54

I used to record on "MME (32-Bit)" driver mode before and it worked perfectly, because ASIO meant having to plug my speakers through the Pod.

I've tried the ASIO mode recently, the recording was just as with Audacity - weak signal, clipping all over the place. The Clip signal on the Pod wasn't blinking, though.

I've also tried the third mode "WDM/KS" that used to work too. Gives the same exact results. I'll attach them. Do you think the problem might be in the cables? Bad contacts somewhere or something?

by silverhead on 2012-11-27 13:55:27

You need to use the ASIO driver with the X3. And, yes, that means conencting your speakers to the X3 outputs.

Configure Sonar properly and it should work fine using the X3 ASIO driver. Any other setup is not supported by Line 6.

by DomasN on 2013-01-24 07:24:05

okay, so I found out that the recording software is working properly - my microphone (which goes through the POD to pc via usb) records and picks up sound without any problem. but when i plug in my guitar in the "guitar in" slot, there's still little to no sound going. and when I say little, I mean I have to turn up the volume of my speakers to the maximum to hear some distant playing. the recording comes out as a straight line just as before.

I can hear the guitar perfectly when I connect the POD to an amp, though.

does this mean the problem lies somewhere in the POD settings? I'm confused.

by silverhead on 2013-01-24 08:15:29

The X3 sends several signals to the DAW for recording purposes (e.g. the stereo mix, Tone 1 only, etc...). You select which signal you want to record in your DAW when you arm the track for recording. If you select a  Dry signal it is quite normal for the level to be very low when recorded. Check your recording signal selection - if you want to record the processed signal you should be selecting something other then option 7 or 8 (the Dry signals for Tone1/2 respectively).

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.