These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

Experience with ordering a JTV from Sweetwater
by klarkkentster on 2012-11-28 07:03:24

In the past..sweetwater has treated me pretty good.. I am pondering ordering my JTV from them verses the local store. Anybody ordertheirs from Sweetwater?  How did they handle returns...shipping? etc.

Thanks in advance

Re: Experience with ordering a JTV from Sweetwater
by adessmith on 2012-11-28 07:17:46

I have always used sweetwater in the past and never had a problem.
I will say, I just ordered my 59 from Music123 (I got a really good deal), but found that the one I got appears to have been manufactured in 2010. I havent had the 3 way switch problem, but that did give me a somewhat uneasy feeling... It was completely sealed in the box, and obviously has not been used, so I'm not sure why I got such an old unit. There have been several times in the last year the TSB finish was out of stock everywhere, so it seems strange that they would have a 2 year old guitar to sell me.

Wherever you get yours from, it might not be a bad idea to see if you can get the serial number before you order, just for piece of mind. I think sweetwater can do that for you...

by YirWaffy on 2012-11-28 07:22:41

I got my 89 from Musician's Friend. Mine was also a new-in-box 2010 build even though I ordered it September 2012. MF don't have the SN's in their system (I checked). Sweetwater has the SN on their web site which is an advantage (the first 4 digits of the serial number are the year and month of the build). They even weigh each guitar and take pictures of it for you.

by klarkkentster on 2012-11-28 07:46:17

Great info - Thank you

by TomR00 on 2012-11-28 15:18:07

I also just bought a JTV from Sweetwater this month, great service, JTV arrived very well packed and in flawless condition. Only needed some bridge adjustment because I like my strings lower than received.

I'll definately buy from them again.

TomR

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.