These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Transfer of presets from POD HD to POD HD Pro
by rootsrocker on 2012-11-28 16:25:11

I'm going to sell my kidney bean POD in favour of a rackmount Pro alternative.  I want to know how to transfer presets between PODs, and then how to restore a POD to factory setting.  It took me quite a while to get my bean POD 'just so', so i'm hoping it's not too much of a hair pulling exercise to transfer presets between units.

Cheers

Re: Transfer of presets from POD HD to POD HD Pro
by silverhead on 2012-11-28 18:03:40

To transfer presets/setlists, the first step is to save them to a folder on your computer. Use Pod HD Edit to do this - obviously before you sell your Pod HD. Note the folder/location where these presets/setlists are stored on your computer.

To restore your Pod HD to factory condition, use Line6 Monkey to reinstall the firmware in your Pod HD. When reinstalling, choose to replace (rather than keep) existing presets. After the installation has finished, reset the global parameters and calibrate the pedal.

After acquiring your Pod HD Pro, run the conversion utility that was generously provided by a community member (link below) that converts preset/setlist formats between Pod HDxxx devices. Use the previously saved Pod HD presets/setlists as the source files. Then load the HD Pro compatible presets/setlists into Pod HD Pro Edit and save them to your Pod HD Pro device.

http://www.jzab.de/content/pod-hd#hd300

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.