These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Windows 8 drivers for TonePort DI Silver?
by iscariahkrieg on 2012-11-29 05:12:18

Hello,
a couple of years ago I bought this device. I've used it without problems on Windows7, but on Windows8 sometimes the driver seems to crash and the TonePort stops working, so I need to rebooth.
Will you release Windows8 drivers? Actually I'm using the Windows7 ones.
Thank you-

Re: Windows 8 drivers for TonePort DI Silver?
by Triryche on 2012-11-29 06:07:49

I would imagine they are working on it. But when it comes to a new OS it usually takes a while for them to release a stable driver. I think they are still ironing out the kinks with the new Mac drivers.

by iscariahkrieg on 2012-12-03 03:51:26

Well.. the first thing is IF they are developing the Windows8 version or I'll be stuck with the 7 drivers for eternity
I'm planning to replace my soundcard with something else but for quick things such as recording guitars for pre-production I want to keep my TonePort...

by BigChas52 on 2012-12-03 04:04:18

I am using the current driver on Windows 8 with no problems so far.  I was having some issues with drop outs until I changed the advanced power settings in Windows to turn off the USB selective suspend setting.  If you check the latest driver in the downloads section of this web site it does state that it is supported on Windows 8.

by iscariahkrieg on 2012-12-06 02:34:19

I'm going to try that setting, thank you!

by iscariahkrieg on 2012-12-08 08:23:16

Ok, I'm getting tired.

Randomly the driver seems to crash. I notice it because while I'm playing something (no matter which player or web service I use) the audio suddenly stops and in the Windows Audio Settings I see the green meter indicating the last "peak" of the audio stream I was listening to. I need to reboot W8 to restore everything because the TonePort turns off (even if the green led is still on) and the operative system become unstable.
Please, help me asap. =(

by klow on 2012-12-17 19:28:06

I got TonePort GX with latest driver (4.2.5.4) on my Windows 8 Pro RTM x64 and I'm having this exactly same issue and already tried everything I could do but nothing worked for me.

Right now the only way I found to have my sound working was switching to my onboard soundcard and I'll use it until Line6 release a fix to this :/
This glitch is really annoying but I hope they'll find a solution for it asap.

Sorry for my bad english :/
Cya

by Marquelli on 2013-03-18 21:31:41

I also have TonePort GX with latest drivers, trying to run it on windows 8 when I recently install the program it works nice but if I turn off my comp and then I restart or turn on my HP 650 lap top after some time the device doesn´t work anymore, I´ve tryed everything but When I do that the Gear Box program becames desable, so to make work for a while I have to unistall it and do the whole trip again, so if you guys know of a fix please share it; thank full in advance.

by iscariahkrieg on 2013-03-21 13:56:23

Almost 4 months and no response or attempts to fix this problem.

I am considering to buy a Motu or at least a Fast Track.
Goog job Line6

by rafarevel on 2013-03-23 22:44:15

Same here! I got the Toneport GX. I get some random crashes but one thing is sure: Every time i lower toneport's volume dial all the way down, it crashes... I've found this topic sure i'd have the solution but now i'm very frustrated! At least i'm not the only one with the problem. Don't know if i should go back to win7 or buy another interface... Been using my toneport for 5 years, always loved it never had any problems with windows xp, vista and seven, but now I'm very pissed.

by rafarevel on 2013-03-23 22:56:14

Hey I've just tried BigChas52's solution and it looks like it worked here! Thanks a lot dude!

by iscariahkrieg on 2013-03-24 15:45:07

No luck for me.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.