These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Question on running two instruments through the HD500
by klarkkentster on 2012-11-30 19:00:01

Until I pull the trigger on my variax.....

On Sunday - I have one song I'm playing acosutic on...than electric.... and than...yup..... you guessed it back to the electric.

Is there a way I can have my electric and acoustic plugged into the HD500 and than switch between inputs - say electric is going to Right   Acoustic to Left?

I'm assuming one of the settings would be on the mixer block - panned either right or left depending on

Any and all help is greatly appreciated

Re: Question on running two instruments through the HD500
by hurghanico on 2012-12-01 02:57:52

start a new empty patch

and prepare a double patch:

set input 1 to "aux" (where you'll connect your ac. guitar) and input 2 to "guitar" (where you'll connect your electric g.)

put everything has to do with the el. guitar (amp + fx) on Path B, by default is already panned right

for your ac. guitar put everything on Path A (already pannned left)..

to keep a complete separation of the 2 paths do not put anything before the split point

for your acoustic sound don't use any amp model, much better the "vintage mic pre" fx

obviously your final HD output must be in stereo and you'll need both 2 output cables for L and R to go to the PA, if you want 2 separate channels and settings at the PA mixer board

also remember that the included tuner works only on input 1 and in case you need it for your el. guitar (input 2 above) you'll have to reverse the things written above..

anyway generally speaking much better to use an external piezo tuner

by klarkkentster on 2012-12-01 09:54:28

thanks for your reply...that helps

by jhteeters on 2012-12-07 17:56:56

I use both an acoustic and an electric in my normal setup, but all patches are mono.  I do the following:

Connections:

Electric through Guitar in

Acoustic through Aux in

I setup the electric patch on one preset with input 1 = guitar and input 2 as variax

I setup the acoustic patch on another preset with input1 = variax and input 2 as Aux in

I have multiple electric patches and a couple acoustic patches.

This way, the tuner works for the correct instrument when the correct patch is selected.

Works nice for my setup.

by klarkkentster on 2012-12-10 07:54:17

Thanks jhteeters - i will try that set up.

I'm sure it will change when my Variax shows up

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.