These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Once again my HD500 fails me. Help please :(
by michaelmora on 2012-11-30 19:22:35

So I read this "MANDATORY Global Setting Reset" on the website. I thought to myself. "Oh! It says MANDATORY. It must be for the better." Before I went through with this I saved My Bundle to make sure nothing goes wrong. So I go on with this "MANDATORY Global Reset" thing and now all of my patches are gone. I tried to load my bundle, but nothing happend. The only thing that happens is my "New Tone" spaces turn orange with an asterisk as though they were edited. Not one of my patches from my bundle appeared. Such a shame since some of those patches took me days to perfect. Can anyone please help in this?

Re: Once again my HD500 fails me. Help please :(
by TheRealZap on 2012-11-30 19:24:55

mandatory global reset does not delete your tones...

it does however reset the names of your setlists... so your tones are likely still there... with the stock setlists names.

by michaelmora on 2012-11-30 20:07:36

That is definitely weird! None of my patches are there. I even tried opening a bundle, but nothing happened.

by michaelmora on 2012-12-01 15:05:07

Any ideas?

by TheRealZap on 2012-12-01 15:11:16

Flash again?

by silverhead on 2012-12-01 15:16:24

Can you please clarify exactly what you do/see that leads you to conclude that none of your patches are there?

After a global reset the setlist names for some of the setlists will be renamed to 'User1' etc. However - only the setlist names should have changed. The presets that were contained in the setlist(s) shpuld still be there. Please confirm that you are viewing / navigating the presets themselves, and not just looking at the setlist names.

Also, please clarify what you mean by 'nothing happened' when you open a bundle. Did you get any error message? Did any setlist names change? Did you try a bundle that has different setlist names? Are you sure you are using a bundle that was previously saved with your HD500?

by michaelmora on 2012-12-01 15:56:43

Alright, so I did the Global Reset. The HD500 booted up to the defaul set list, the "Best of HD". So I connected it to Edit and I went straight to "User 1". All the patches were changed to "New Tone"  and were blank. No effects, no amps, just the default setting. I had saved all my patches to a bundle just incase something went wrong. Since all my patches were gone I decided to open my Bundle. What happens nest is very strange. All the "New Tones" turn orange and had an asterisk, as if they were edited, but no effects or anything appeared,  I did not get any error messages. Yes I had a sepparate bundle from a month ago and it still didn't work. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was saved.

by michaelmora on 2012-12-02 00:23:35

I tried updating the flash to see if something changed and tried to open a bundle, but it still didn't work.

by silverhead on 2012-12-02 07:47:47

Are you sure you are running the most recent version of HD500 Edit?

Also, be aware that some time ago a new setlist was added to the factory setlists. What used to be setlist name 'User1' is now something else, and what used to be 'User2' is now 'User1'. So if your previous bundle had a bunch of presets in 'User1', and you are expecting to see them in the new 'User1' - you won't. Look for them in Setlist#5, whatever that name is, after reloading your previous bundle.

by michaelmora on 2012-12-02 18:00:49

Well, after trying to open a bundle over a dozen times, the bundle finally opened. I tried opening the bundle on the last 3 set lists. The ones named User 1, 2 , and 3 by default. The thing is that the bundle didn't open on any of those. It opened on the setlist below Bass/ Aco/ Voc. So now I have 2 set lists named User 1. At least I have my presets back, but could it be that my HD500 could be faulty?

by silverhead on 2012-12-03 17:46:59

I'm not sure I am following you properly, perhaps because of terminology. A bundle refers to the complete set of 8 setlists and all 512 presets. A setlist refers to a single one of the 8 setlists, including its 64 presets. So I am confused when you say you tried opening a bundle on the last 3 setlists, or that a bundle opened on the Bas/Aco/Voc setlist. Opening a bundle replaces ALL 512 presets but, interestingly, does not rename the setlists.

If you opened a bundle that was saved in a former layout of factory setlists (i.e. when the User1 setlist was in setlist#5), then it makes sense to me that the presets in what you knew as Setlist User1 should still appear in Setlist#5, which is now named Bass/Aco/Voc. Note that loading a bundle does NOT rename any setlists - you need to do that manually, or use the Global Parameters reset to restore the setlist (but not preset) names to the factory settings.

Yes - it's confusing - but there's nothing wrong with your HD500.

It might make more sense if you restrict yourself to saving and reloading Setlists rather than Bundles.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.