These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

Line 6 Spider IV 75W speaker upgrade
by beezerk on 2012-12-01 03:46:14

Hi, newb here, I have a quick question for you...

Would an Eminence Texas Heat 8ohm be a suitable speaker swap for a Spider IV 75W?

That's it really

Re: Line 6 Spider IV 75W speaker upgrade
by fflbrgst on 2012-12-03 07:51:54

Yes, it will work.  WIll it sound better - that' sup to you, the sound you want and your guitar(s).  The Celestions in the Spider amps are designed for a fairly flat frequency response, the Eminence may give you the tone you want ...

by Jimmikatt on 2012-12-03 15:22:16

just make sure it's able to handle the power,  I think that a closed cabniet sounds better than an open back combo amp.

do you guys find that the louder you play the amp, how much it changes the tone .?  

i'm not sure on the specs of the original Celestion in this amp, but it must take quite a bit of power to get this thing working.

by fflbrgst on 2012-12-04 07:37:01

Yes, the tone will change based on overall volume - no different than any amp.  Open-back vs closed back speaker cabinets is an old age guitarist argument, some prefer one sound, some the other.  Open back cabinets can sound differently depending on position in relation to a rear wall.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.