These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

M9 Restore from Backup Question....
by 886343 on 2012-12-03 06:09:51

I have made backups of my M9 before using the midi/usb connection to my PC as per the manual.

Is it possible to restore only 1 scene back onto the M9 rather than everything that was backed up originally?

I have a scene from last christmas that had settings I could use again this year as I have tweaked since then but I dont want to lose other settings in other scenes that I have also tweaked. Hope that made sense.....

Any advice appreciated.

Re: M9 Restore from Backup Question....
by phil_m on 2012-12-03 06:32:33

If you saved your scenes individually, you can load an individual scene back on the unit you can just send that scene to the M9. If you saved them all, you can't just send one from the bundle. However, there is a way to get the scene you want and keep the ones you want that are on your M9 currently. It's just a little tedious.

First, do a MIDI dump from the M9 to save all the scenes that are on it currently. Name the file something unique and save it. After doing that, reload the bundle you saved previously onto the M9. Go to the scene you want to save, and follow the instructions to save one scene. After doing that, reload the bundle you saved in step 1 onto the M9. Finally, go to the location where you want the individual scene you wanted fromt the first bundle, and follow the instructions to send that scene to M9.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.