These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

my amp turned fuzzy sounding in the middle of playing...HELP!!
by c_richh on 2012-12-04 22:55:15

i was just jamming on my line 6 spider iv 75 on a clean channel, then all of a sudden out of nowhere...just in the middle of playing...my amp turned all fuzzy sounding. every chanel has the same buzzing/fuzzy noise. but when i have it off for about 10 minutes and turn it back on...its sounds fine for about 10 seconds, then goes back to the same problem. i have no idea what happened. any help or thoughts would be appreciated. thanks.

Re: my amp turned fuzzy sounding in the middle of playing...HELP!!
by Jimmikatt on 2012-12-05 01:36:11

sounds like a lose wire, do you have another guitar to test with, and guitar cable.?

that would be the 1st thing i would try, to see if it's the guitar or cable.

then are you using the FBV channel switching or any foot switching pedals.?

if so, disconnect and test again.. do everything you can do to eliminate other problems, before blaming the amp.

by c_richh on 2012-12-05 21:48:33

i found out its not the amp but my fbv express mkII. with the master volume all the way down and whether a guitar is plugged in or not, i hear no buzzing or feedback. but as soon as i plug in the fbv pedal, i hear buzzing. even with all volumes at 0. i tried seperate cables and the same thing happens.

by Jimmikatt on 2012-12-06 00:42:39

well if your near a dealer / music store that sells them, take it in and have them check it out.

maybe they can sort it out for you., or maybe it could be just the CAT5 cable.?

i would test a new cable connecting the pedal board to the amp 1st.

not an expert, but maybe someone can chime in and say if your standard Ethernet cable would work.?

they do look the same.

by fflbrgst on 2012-12-06 05:29:39

If you use a non-Line 6 cable, just make sure it is not a 'cross' connect style.  Has the FBV been updated with new software and calibrated?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.