These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

not gonna be around here as much...
by meambobbo on 2012-12-07 20:39:30

Hey everyone, I know I've been kinda MIA the last few weeks, and I am sorry to say I don't see it turning around anytime soon.  I have taken a new job and won't be able to log on during the day.  I have a 7 month old (human, not a new guitar) now as well, so there's not much time to log on after work.  So I just wanted to tell everyone that it's been fun and that I hope they can count on some of the other regular posters on this forum for excellent advice with the wonderful Pod HD.  My guide will remain up on the interwebs, and I encourage everyone to freely share its content or the URL.  I will be sure to get my last (final) batch of patches out soon.  And one day I have enough time I'll try to update the patch demo, but I actually think I'm going to have to rely on the online community to record some clips for me...

Re: not gonna be around here as much...
by silverhead on 2012-12-07 21:10:47

It sounds like some exciting things have been happening to you recently, meambobbo, with a new job and a new baby. Congratulations!

I'm sorry to hear that you won't be around here so much anymore. You've been a great contributor for a long time and we'll miss you. Your guide is an excellent resource and your helpful contributions to the discussions have also been very valuable. Thank you!

I wish you all the best, and hope you will still find time to come here occasionally.

by BMoe on 2012-12-08 04:49:32

Good Luck to you, meam,

I never got a chance to thank your for your efforts with the guide you posted.

It is greatly appreciated.

Made the HD500 experience awesome.

Take care,

BMoe

by spikey on 2012-12-08 07:13:35

appreciate all your help and nothing but kudo's for you!!!! Words and more.

Best of life...

by Astaroth_CY on 2012-12-08 08:01:55

Congratulations on both counts, and thanks again for all your contributions! Just as a small request, I love all the patches you've put up for us, but if you happen to have updated any of them, could you possibly upload a latest version of all your patches in setlist/bundle format?

by wetredbox on 2012-12-08 08:50:02

thanks for all you've contributed and congrats/good luck

by jimsreynolds on 2012-12-08 18:35:59

You'll  be back ... they always come back ....

Seriously,  you left a great legacy on this forum and your presence will be missed.   Good luck with the job and ankle biter mate.

by meambobbo on 2012-12-08 20:07:25

hey guys i'm not DYING.  I just won't be around as much!  i'll still check in.  i just didn't want to much speculation about my lesser activity around here.  I haven't bought an axe and jumped ship.  I haven't mysteriously disappeared.  I haven't stormed off from some kind of dissatisfaction with line 6 or this forum.

thanks for all the kind words! it's been great fun and very fulfilling to have been able to help as many people as I have and to see the fruits of my work in other people's recordings and satisfaction with their pods.

as for the requests to dump my latest patches, i have done so:

http://line6.com/support/thread/89897

">http://line6.com/support/thread/89897">http://line6.com/support/thread/89897

by meambobbo on 2012-12-08 20:09:08

and if you guys want to see some pics of the lil booger who has taken over my free time:

https://plus.google.com/photos/102013418455771230352/albums/5810149111769363745

by silverhead on 2012-12-08 20:24:52

Good! Glad to hear that you're not going cold-turkey on us!

by Santuzzo on 2012-12-09 01:42:47

Hey Bobbo,

Thank you so much for all the help you have offered to all of us here.

Wishing you all the best for the new job and enjoy being a dad!!!

Your kid looks so cute

Hope to still see you around every now and then!

Lars

by tdollaway on 2012-12-10 07:31:34

Thanks again, for your insight, answered questions and basics for setting up a good high gain tone. I (along with others, I'm sure) have used your guide multiple times.

Hope to see you on here and SSO in the future.

by Texxxxx on 2012-12-10 07:46:45

What a wonderful family!  You are a lucky man. 

I am sure you have been told many times, but the time goes by fast.  Try to spend and enjoy as much time as you can with them....especially your child, as the end game is to teach them to become independent.  Enjoy teaching and being with them while they are young...they get to be teenagers quick enough, and that is the gateway to adulthood.

Being a parent is the most enjoyable, satisfying and rewarding life experience, by far!

oh yeah, ...thanks for all the help, too!

by TheRealZap on 2012-12-10 07:50:41

bets of luck, don't be a stranger. thanks for all the time you put into the forums here.

by Triryche on 2012-12-10 08:21:38

"hey guys i'm not DYING."

LOL!!!

Best wishes on a new chapter, take lots of pictures, you'll blink and suddenly they're college.

And thanks for the awesome guide., it's a great asset!!

by bjnette on 2012-12-11 07:16:50

A 7month old deserves as much attention as you have and we understand your joy too.

I am still studying your guide so I'll be fine for a while.

I do have a question to ask when and if you do get a chance to offer your experience to it and would be appreciated. I'll post it so others can help in the meantime. Cheers

That is using the HD500 for reamping.

I been sending the s/pdif outs dry thru my Motu to Sonar X2 and monitor via the 4CM to my Amp. I like lots of wet to monitor on but in the mix I prefer to tame it alot, much cleaner sounding.

So far with my resister and DI as a reverse DI into the 500 hasn't been sounding as well as I'd like. I have tried the variable impedence to get a tone as best I can and direct in from the motu..

I am monitoring the reamp sound re recorded via s/pdif wet and the dry no echo out thru a diferent out on the motu.

Am yet to try the aux in or loop return.

Any suggestions?

I know some of the prob is the sound thru my amp and I don't always have the luxury of micing it so I'd really like to make the 500 work as a reamping device. I know Fractal Axe is setup to reamp out of the box.

Any recommendations or anyone got a successfull setup for this?

PS. I thought I could cut n paste it into a new thread but alas no,for give my hyjack but to redo at this hour.

Thanks in advance

by meambobbo on 2012-12-16 19:32:26

tbh, i have only reamped with my hd 500 once, and it was an unpleasant experience, considering I don't really have any line outs on my audio interface.  So basically I have to unplug my monitors and use the monitor outs to run back to the Pod HD and monitor using my headphones.

as far as your setup, i'm not sure what you're missing, but it sounds like you've got it working as good as you're going to get it.  maybe your issue is that the re-amped sound (using the pod's cab/mic simulation I assume) isn't as nice sounding as your monitored sound through your real amp/cab.  I've often called out the cab/mic simulations as the weakest aspect of the Pod HD.  My solution has always been to create "dual cab" patches.  See here: http://foobazaar.com/podhd/toneGuide/cabsMics#dualCab">http://foobazaar.com/podhd/toneGuide/cabsMics#dualCab">http://foobazaar.com/podhd/toneGuide/cabsMics#dualCab Also check out most of my patches on customtone.  To my ear, this gives a much nicer cab/mic sim tone than any single amp patch could.

by brue58ski on 2012-12-16 23:43:57

Another HUGE thank you for all of your efforts.  I am very aware of the time and effort it took to do what you did as I'm sure we all are!

by bjnette on 2012-12-16 23:48:20

Thanks mambo, I have many of your tones already but I'll recheck and you are right about the cabinets.

I have "recabinet" and a bunch of cab IRs which really takes the 500 to a better level.

While there is much to be gained for getting the tone in the mix at the recording stage, I find it enjoyable as in fun to be able to create a great mix tone for each guitar part.

by CairnsFella on 2012-12-26 16:45:47

A bit late (still catching up on posts after a small absence) but would also like to add my thanks for your most useful guides and contributions.

by toneman2121 on 2012-12-26 19:49:37

cute little booger

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.