These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

Can't connect Spider IV 150 to my computer
by Metala on 2012-12-08 09:41:07

I can't connect the Spider IV 150 to my computer using my FBV Shortboard MKII. The shortboard gets recognized but the Spider IV does not. I've allready tried a complete new installation of the Line 6 programms, a factory reset on my Amp but it still won't work. I'm running out of ideas here so maybe you guys can help me. Anyone ever had a similar issue connecting the Spider IV via USB?

Re: Can't connect Spider IV 150 to my computer
by Jimmikatt on 2012-12-08 11:47:07

do you have the amp registered on the line 6 site.?

i'm not sure, but i remember having to register my gear before i did all this.

by fflbrgst on 2012-12-10 06:14:53

It's not an unusual issue - when you say the 'Spider IV' is not recognized - is this by Monkey or Spider Edit?

by Metala on 2012-12-13 12:25:55

Neither by Monkey nor by Spider Edit. And yes, it's registered. I have no idea why this happened. I didn't use Spider Edit for quite a long time and wanted to save a few new sounds but it stopped working. too bad. and because of the factory reset my sounds are gone... I hope there is someone out there who knows how to fix it^^

by fflbrgst on 2012-12-14 05:25:18

When you reinstall all of the Line 6 software, it is very important that you not only do an 'uninstall' first, but that you delete all the files in the 'Line 6' folders in your computer, too.

I could not get Monkey to recognize my amp using my old Windows system, but used a laptop (borrowed) running XP and was able to get everything updated.  I've got Win 7 now, and haven't had to do any updates on the amp or FBV, but everything else seems to work ok.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.