These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

erase loop
by Parker1976 on 2012-12-10 04:35:02

There is a possibility to erase a loop with assigned  pedal? (or with CC number)

AntonioTrinchera

Re: erase loop
by spaceatl on 2012-12-10 04:45:36

069 0-63 = Off 64-127 = On Tuner Mode On/Off

Tuner kills the looper buffer...So that should do it...

by Parker1976 on 2012-12-14 05:00:37

...on off but not clean memory?

by TheRealZap on 2012-12-14 06:07:40

engaging the tuner does clear the memory...

by Parker1976 on 2012-12-18 04:01:15

during the performance is not possible... other solutions?

i have two digitech loopers, the both have a dedication switch.

by spaceatl on 2012-12-18 05:08:21

A dedicated looper will certainly have more features...The loopers in HDs are basic loopers that are good for practice, noodling around or perhaps some simple performance looping. If you need more advanced features, then you likely need a real dedicated looper anyway...just my opinion...

by Mincer on 2012-12-18 06:22:05

Yes, they are basic, in that even the ol' DL-4 had more control over the loop than you do in the HD series. If looping is 'your thing' (like it is mine), you'd certainly want something more dedicated.

by Parker1976 on 2012-12-19 03:34:06

no midi master clock, no looper basic function, only two espression pedals that can be assigned..., no Professional (HD Pod Pro)

by phil_m on 2012-12-19 06:19:16

I've seen a number of people ask this question, but I'm still not sure I understand why you would ever need to worry about erasing the loop. The only answer I've ever gotten was that someone could unintentionally trigger the stored loop, which I guess is possible, but I've got to say that after using the M13 on my pedalboard and the DL4 before that which act in the same way, I've never had it happen. The loopers on these devices are simple single track loopers. The loop that's in the memory is erased as soon as you press stop and hit record again.

by mdmayfield on 2012-12-19 08:17:29

The HD500 is like a Swiss army knife. It does a large number of things impressively well, especially for its size and convenience, but it does not really specialize. If you have a specific and complex job, a specialized tool is usually better-suited.

by FrozenOzone on 2012-12-19 10:36:21

I feel and felt the same way? What no erase button? I can erase a overdubbed lick but not the orgional loop? I have been unplugging the unit to erase the origional loop and thanks to phil_m activating the tuner erases the loop. Not acceptable in a live situation but for the home user it works like a charm.

I have tried re-recording the loop but about 1/2 the time I hit the wrong button and start to overdub ontop of my origional loop. This is frustrating when you are playing live in a dimmy lit bar.  This has happend to me too many times over the 2 + years of owning this product.  So because of this we only have 1 song that I have to use the looper function on.

I am not at all complaining but since this is a feature that isn't used much or maybe it is so why not change it a little to be more user friendly.

The fix:

1.  They need to make the "undo" button (while you are in the looper mode) be a total erase and not just the overdubbed lick.

or heck even 1 further.

2.  Make a single tap of the "undo" button to erase the overdub and a long hold erase the entire loop.

As stated from Mincer/mdmayfield that if you loop a lot you might need to get somthing dedicated.

I have already made a request about a year ago for this.

http://line6.com/company/contact/productfeedback/

by Parker1976 on 2012-12-20 01:33:32

some of you need more 'seconds of delay?

by jimsreynolds on 2012-12-20 05:18:21

Totally agree.

by mdmayfield on 2012-12-20 09:44:09

Can you help me understand what you guys mean, who are more into advanced looping? When you say "erase the original loop," do you mean:

• Leaving later-recorded layers playing while erasing the first loop "out from under" them? or
  • Erasing *EVERYTHING* so that you have silence but the looper keeps going?
  • Something else?

If it's the first, I can understand how that would be useful.

If the second, how is that different from hitting Stop and then hitting Record, except convenience? And, on loopers where you do have this, how do you stay exactly perfectly in the same tempo so that when the looper hits the loop point, you don't get a rhythmic hiccup?

by FrozenOzone on 2012-12-20 10:40:06

When I was talking about the original loop I was talking about your first recoreded loop in the system. I would say it is the second bullet point.  Erase everything but not keep the looper going. So, you can erase and start recording again. I am not to sure what you meant by the looper keeps going?   The HD is not a loop station or anything close. It has a basic looper  and no long term storage. I understand that and as stated "I like my HD" and I really have no complaints.

As for hitting stop and record again "I have tried re-recording the loop but about 1/2 the time I hit the wrong button and start to overdub ontop of my original loop. This is frustrating when you are playing live in a dimmly lit bar.  This has happend to me too many times over the 2 + years of owning this product.  So because of this we only have 1 song that I have to use the looper function on."  I play guitar and sing and trying to tap dance while doing this is a little complicated.  And yes you hit the nail on the head that the HD is like a swiss army knife.

by mdmayfield on 2012-12-20 11:43:40

Oh I see, so nothing special like what I was thinking, but simply one button that instantly stops the current playing loop and starts recording a new one.

I guess the only way to work around that would be to stop the current loop maybe 1 beat early, then start the new one, unfortunately giving a break in the music (which could maybe be worked around musically).

When I've done some basic looping, I found myself hitting the wrong buttons too. To help with this I stuck a thin piece of white tape vertically down the middle of the HD, so that the footswitches are clearly visually separated into two groups of 3 buttons x 2 buttons, like this:

o o o|o o o

o o o|o o o

It's much easier to find one particular button in its own "half-group" than in the entire pedal of 6 x 2:

o o o o o o

o o o o o o

by FrozenOzone on 2012-12-20 13:11:39

Cool.  Great idea.  I have put white lables with black lettering over the button names so I can see it in the dark a little better.  I am going to give that a try as well.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.