These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Worth upgrading a Pod XT Live?
by Thinkfast on 2012-12-11 09:01:45

Late to the party--just got a like-new Pod XT Live in a gear trade.  It came with the FX Junkie pack.  Works great, sounds good.  Was never gigged out--all the rubber's still on the foot pedal, it doesn't smell like spilled 50 cent drafts, etc.  It didn't take long to get some good sounds out of it.

But I think I'd really like the Metal Shop pack for my style of music.  My question to you more experienced Line 6 gearheads is, at this point in time, considering the XT Live was a hot ticket 7 years ago, is it worth spending 50.00 on an XT-series, or is it just time to move into X3/HD territory?

I like the simplicity idea of just buying a pack & being done with it--no posting the XTL for sale, meeting with people, haggling, etc.  But if the newer series are that much better I'll just move forward. 

Thanks for any light you folks can shed on this.

Re: Worth upgrading a Pod XT Live?
by TheRealZap on 2012-12-11 09:11:02

The HD stuff is considerably better for a number of reasons... but don't let that discourage you... the XT is a solid piece.

any model packs you purchase can also be used for pod farm (after you buy a pod farm license)

sounds like the model pack will make the XT even more useful to you....

you can also return it within 30 days if you're not feeling it...

by Triryche on 2012-12-11 12:12:52

Unless they changed it, you can get the model packs cheaper by selecting a UX1.

by Thinkfast on 2012-12-11 14:45:14

So if I buy it for the UX1, I can put it on the XT Live?

by TheRealZap on 2012-12-11 16:50:35

no matter what device you buy it for, it will be on your account and useable for everything you have registered to your account that can use the model packs. (up to 4 devices at once, 10 lifetime)

they often do this with the pricing for some reason... but yeah!!! save a few bucks and it works the same.

by Thinkfast on 2012-12-11 17:14:07

I appreciate all the info--this is a cool online community.  Went ahead & bought the Metal Shop/Collector Classic combo.  For what I paid, even if I want to go HD in 6 months to a year, I'll get my money's worth.  I can' t wait to start playing around with all these models. 

Thanks a lot for the info, Tri and Zap. 

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.