These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

How do you switch through features live?
by odmsteel on 2012-12-14 22:25:15

My biggest question is say I am using a jtv-89 live and I want to use the 12 string effect and then I need to quickly get to distortion. Is it only through the knob that this function works?

I also have a line 6 HD100 Mkii and the fbv shortboard. I don't know if they work together with the variax guitars or not?

Re: How do you switch through features live?
by Kupsik on 2012-12-15 03:57:35

You can use custom bank 1 or custom bank 2 to have 12 string and other guitar (that you want to use with distortion) next to each other, so you can simply switch between them.

Other way would be using Vetta or POD with VDI so you can control Variax with your feet. I have POD HD500 and it's perfect for controlling JTV (I have JTV-69) live.

by TheRealZap on 2012-12-15 05:17:10

a pod would make things much easier, because then you can change guitars effects and all else with the footswitch.

with the gear you already have though, you will need to use the knob.

there are no amps currently that have direct variax integration (the older vetta II did)

by silverhead on 2012-12-15 05:55:43

The FBV shortboards do not interact directly with the Variax. When used with VDI-equipped Pods the shortboard will, via the Pod, cause Variax model changes - but it's the Pod doing the work with the shortboard driving the Pod.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.