These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

Roctron Patchmate and Line 6 m13?
by Giax1974 on 2012-12-17 12:09:49

I was thinking on getting a Rocktron patchmate Loop 8, as it has midi and 8 loops, it says it can control amp switching too which is awesome...

IF patchmate controlling M13, can I just press a footswitch, and it can turn any of my 12 presets that I use in latchmode + other pedals + AMP channels via footswitch cable???

If this piece of gear can do that, it can be very useful. But...

Should M13 control PAtchmate or Patchmate control M13?

my set up is M13 + 8 analogue pedals and MEsa ElectraDyne and/or Orange DualTerror.

Thansk in advanced as usual!

Re: Roctron Patchmate and Line 6 m13?
by phil_m on 2012-12-17 13:49:39

I don't believe the Patchmate itself is a MIDI controller. I think you can access the eight presets with the footswitches, but beyond those, you have to use an external MIDI controller to get the full number of presets. I don't know if it sends MIDI PC messages when you select a preset on it or not. It's not clear from the manual.

You could use the M13 to call up a limited number of presets on the Patchmate if that's what you want to do. If you want to be able to take advantage of the total number of presets of the Patchmate, you'd need an external MIDI controller.

by Giax1974 on 2012-12-17 19:17:39

In that case, the correct way is that M13 will control the patchmate?
Can I add to my current M13 presets a combition of external pedal presets and amp channel switching through the patchmate?

Right now I am activating a combination of 3 pedals through the M13 FX loop (POG/FUZZ or analoge DELAY), depending of my song FXs requirement.)

I turn them ON/OFF before I start a song.

So it would be like extending my FX loop capabilities to 8?

M13 can recall any of patchmate 8 presets?, on each of my M13 12 footswith presets in latchmode?

by phil_m on 2012-12-18 06:57:17

The M13 sends out a unique PC message when you select one of its scenes, so that in turn should be able to call up presets on the Patchmate. You'll have to look at the M13's Advanced Guide and the Patchmate's manual to see how these two correspond to each other. They both have static MIDI maps, so you're limited by that, but if you only want to access a limited number of presets on the Patchmate, you should be alright.

I'd say the easiest thing to do is simply connect the M13 to the Patchmate with a MIDI cable (from M13's MIDI out to Patchmate's MIDI in) and see what happens when you select scenes on the M13.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.