These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

HELP!! HD500 TURNING ON AND OFF BY IT`S SELF
by blueyes on 2012-12-21 15:05:16

i was editing the volume of a patch using my laptop in edit mode. when i went to save it, a message came up saying something like "corrupt file turn off hd500 for 5sec and turn on again" but now when i turn it on the LINE6 logo comes on and then the screen goes grey for 3sec`s and back to the LINE6 logo. this keeps repeating.... do i need to reset to factory settings? how?... i`ve my 1st gig with my new band on the 26th HELP!!!!!!

Re: HELP!! HD500 TURNING ON AND OFF BY IT`S SELF
by jimsreynolds on 2012-12-21 15:16:09

Try a global settings reset:  hold down the 'left' button on the directional keypad and power up the Pod.   This does a global settings reset and can help.  It is also useful if the preset you were working with was corrupt as it jumps you back to patch 1A.  If you use this, you will need to check your global settings to make sure they are how you want them.  You will also need to recalibrate your expression pedal (details here --> http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2223).  None of your homemade presets will be lost but your setlist names will be renamed to the default names.

If the global reset does not clear it then you can try a safe mode reset.  This time be ready with your PC and USB cable.  Now hold down the 'right' button on the directional keypad and power up the pod.   Connect the USB cable and use Line 6 Monkey to flash-update the firmware on the POD.  Make sure you choose not to overwrite exisiting presets.

As a final thing, if the previous thing fails, repeat the previous process but this time hold down the 'down' button on the directional keypad and power up the pod..  This is a deeper level of safe mode.

In each case:

1)  Power off

2)  Hold down the button and then ...

3)  Power on

4)  wait a few seconds then release the button

Links

by blueyes on 2012-12-21 15:34:32

thank you soo much you have sorted my problem... i hope you get everything that you wished for, for christmas

many many thanks again

by jooshy58 on 2012-12-23 20:48:20

does all this apply to the hd pro as well?

by jimsreynolds on 2012-12-24 01:50:06

Yep.  

The HD300/400 have a different reset method but this one is good for the Pro (and the desktop too I think).

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.