These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Relay Digital Wireless

Which relay system is best?
by jasonk931 on 2012-12-25 18:55:12

I lead worship at church, and when I was using analog pedals through a tube amp, I had an audio technica wireless pack that worked great for our 600 seat live room. However, since receiving my HD 500 board, I can't use the audio technica without crazy amounts of tone loss. Can anyone give some solid advice in the wireless I should choose? I play through a Gibby LP custom, and a JtV59 Vax. I need a wireless unit fast, but I want to keep my tone as we all do. Cheers....

Re: Which relay system is best?
by dboomer on 2012-12-26 08:28:44

Hey Jason

The sound generating circuitry is the same in all Line 6 wireless.  There is a tiny difference in signal to noise ratio between the least expensive and most expensive units, but because guitar amps have way more noise is is doubtful that anyone could actually hear that difference.

The real difference between the systems is the feature sets, range and channel count.

by jasonk931 on 2012-12-26 08:57:08

Thanks for info. Quick question? Is there a unit that works better with the Hd500 and If  you were buying, would you go G30 or G50? Reason?

by sdevino on 2012-12-26 10:03:07

They both have the same radio but one has internal and the other has external antennas affecting their respective ranges. The 50 has 2 more channels which may help if you are in a band with other users on Relay or XD-V wireless. The bodypack on the 50 is metal. there is a slight difference in SNR as Don pointed out.

I know touring pros that use the 30 and some that use the 50 as well.

by BigChas52 on 2012-12-28 14:17:03

I'm a church player with a 600 seat venue, and I have been using a G-50 successfully and consistantly for over 2 years.  I use it with HD500, and JTV-59.  I've also used it with My HSS Strat and LP.  One of the other players uses a G-30, and one of the bass players also uses a G-50.  No complaints from any of us.

That said, I would go with the G-50 for better range, extra channels, and sturdier belt pack.

by jasonk931 on 2012-12-30 21:36:30

I just got my G30 2 days ago and played it for service today...IT SOUNDED BETTER THAN MY BULLET CABLE!!!

Line 6 never ceases to amaze me. Product after product they are setting the bar to which all others will have to reach high to come near.

I'm using my POD HD 500, my G30 Relay Wireless and my Alpine White Gibson LP Custom, and the sound is heavenly. Next Sunday I'll be using my JTV59 for the first time in service. All I need now is a Line 6 lunchbox, Desk set, and pocket protector! lol.

by dboomer on 2012-12-31 09:21:51

I could loan you my pocket protector ... but you ain't gettin my lunchbox

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.