These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

Spider IV 75 & MKII Shortboard Connections
by Rockstar936 on 2012-12-28 16:52:38

Hello, I have just purchased the MkII Shortboard to go along with my amp, I have all of the cables that work with each of the products. And i "think" i have all of the programs installed to my laptop. So far I have: Line 6 Monkey, Spider IV Edit, and FBV Control. However, when i try to connect my devices to Spider IV Edit nothing will show up on the program, it states no device is connected. I have tried multiple times to fix this problem and i can' seem to get it to connect.

Re: Spider IV 75 & MKII Shortboard Connections
by Jimmikatt on 2012-12-29 12:07:44

do you have your pedalboard hooked up the the computer via USB cable.?

that needs to be done before you open the program, also you may need to register your products on the Line 6 site.

Re: Spider IV 75 & MKII Shortboard Connections
by fflbrgst on 2012-12-31 05:13:51

To use Spider Edit, you should have yoru amp connected to the FBV via the standard RJ45 (CAT5) cable, and the FBV connected to the computer via USB.  Spider Edit will then allow you to edit the parameters of yoru amp, or to 'drag and drop' new tone files into the User patch locations on your amp.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.