These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Podfarm2 + UX2 + Mac problem
by mjjohnson on 2012-12-29 19:25:14

Here's the problem: License manager says my computer is authorized. However, every time I open up Podfarm 2, I get prompted to open up the license manager and authorize the computer. I tried checking the permissions in users/user/library/app support/line 6, and it is set to read/write. I even did a permissions repair and rebooted several times. I de-authorized and re-authorized to no effect. I reinstalled Podfarm 2, still the same problem. I'm running Mac OSX 10.7.5 on a macbook pro. Any suggestions?

Re: Podfarm2 + UX2 + Mac problem
by Triryche on 2013-01-03 05:40:05

Do you have POD Farm 2.5 for i-Lok?

by mjjohnson on 2013-01-03 13:31:01

No, it's not the iLok version.

by TheRealZap on 2013-01-03 13:35:31

you do have the UX2 plugged in right?

unless you bought pod farm 2 seperately the license is on the UX2 regardless of whether or not you authrize your computer.

by mjjohnson on 2013-01-03 13:45:17

I assumed that to be the case, but I would still like to authorize my computer. Every time I open up PodFarm 2, it displays a message telling me to authorize my computer, with a link to open up the license manager. I open up license manager, and it lists my computer as being authorized. (Additionally, it would be nice to have access to my amp models in ProTools even when I am running it natively or from another interface, but I'm more concerned with the fact that I keep getting that error message even though the license manager says my computer is authorized.)

by TheRealZap on 2013-01-03 14:19:43

it won't work without it connected or with another interface unless you purchase the license...

so even though that'd be nice... that aint free.

you didn't really say if you get the message with the device plugged in... because you shouldn't...

you still need to select the UX2 in license manager and authorize that... it will program the license into the device.

by mjjohnson on 2013-01-03 14:23:36

No, that's what I'm saying. I'm getting the message with the UX2 plugged in. It says I can authorize my computer for no additional charge. Thus my confusion. I did authorize the UX2, so that's not the issue.

by TheRealZap on 2013-01-03 15:35:26

yeah you can authorize your computer to take advantage of paid addons... but you don't have any... (that i know of)

one other question... is it a redface or a blackface UX2?

if it's the redface version the plugin is license not included

by mjjohnson on 2013-01-03 16:25:22

Blackface. Anyway, thanks for attempting to help. I was just trying to figure out why I get that message every single time I open up the program, but from now on I'll just ignore it.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.