These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

Can I only use one effect from each group? (Pod X3 Live)
by Mockingbank on 2013-01-01 23:48:13

I just recently bought the Pod X3 Live and I can't figure out how to use more than one effect from each bank (stomp, mod, etc). Am I missing something or is this not possible? I'll be returning the unit if not, I upgraded for the sole purpose of not having my effects in banks! I get that the dual tone blending can help, but it won't always be useful (autoswell, tremolo, etc). Any answers appreciated, thanks.

Re: Can I only use one effect from each group? (Pod X3 Live)
by Triryche on 2013-01-03 07:55:55

Unfortunately on the X3 you are limited to the slots.

There is a delay that has a mod on it, so it's sorta 2 for 1.

by silverhead on 2013-01-03 08:05:50

Sounds like you need a dual-path Pod HD. That would be the HD Desktop, Pro, or 500 - not the 300 or 400.

by TheRealZap on 2013-01-03 08:27:27

you can be clever and wire tone1 into tone2 ....

but the x3's effects chain is static and you cannot have multiples of the same type effects.

guitar to guitar

tone 1 to left 1/4"

cable left 1/4" to tone2 aux in (set that as the input to tone2)

tone 2 to right 1/4" to amp.

you can then use 2 of everything...  of course it'd be extra management for pre/post placement....

anyway... not recommending... just saying...

by Mockingbank on 2013-01-08 15:56:17

Couldn't I just blend the tones for the same result? I'm not really seeing how this helps, what am I missing?

by TheRealZap on 2013-01-08 17:08:16

the sound isn't affected the same way... 2 delays playing in parellel are not going to sound the same as one delay being fed into the other....

by Mockingbank on 2013-01-08 22:22:06

Good thing I've got a spare patch from my wah that the X3L just replaced. Thanks man, I'll give that a shot. Glad that I get to keep the unit, found it on Boxing Day for half price!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.