These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Relay Digital Wireless

G50 and Rechargeable Batteries
by i8jb on 2013-01-05 18:41:39

Hello...

I believe my transmitter reads rechargeable batteries incorrectly.  Last night before a three hour rehearsal session, the battery life read 5:20 hours.  Before the night was over, my transmitter powered off.  The base station never registered less than three solid bars for the transmitters charge.

I'm wondering if this could be an issue with how the G50 reads rechargeable batteries?  I haven't seen this with non-rechargeables.

thanks!

Re: G50 and Rechargeable Batteries
by dboomer on 2013-01-05 19:04:34

Yes.  The battery metering is based on alkaline chemistry.  Anything else will be off.  Different chemistries drop in voltage at different rates so while the metering in our wireless is actually measuring the current voltage available the meter depends on discharge the way it happens with alkalines so it's making a prediction on what is left based on the current voltage level.  Rechargeables a drop off at a much faster rate.

by i8jb on 2013-01-08 14:11:46

Ah yeah,

Thanks a bunch, it makes perfect sense.

by markcockerill on 2013-01-11 16:39:07

I've just bought 8 Sanyo Eneloop XX AA batteries and an intelligent charger for use with my G30. I've followed recommendations for prepping the batteries and they're ready to go gigging tomorrow. Until now I have been using Lithium batteries and they are great and long lasting.

I'll let you know how I get on with the Eneloops.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.