These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Vetta

Saving user tones
by Grinder666 on 2013-01-06 18:22:41

My head is fried but before I bring to a amp tech I want to save my user tones. I'm using M-Audio interface and though it finds my vetta head it says cannot connect, all cables look to be in right place, thoughts?

Re: Saving user tones
by DickFoster on 2013-01-07 09:13:42

If the amp is toast then it won't be able to communitcate, so unless you backed up your tones to a computer file, they're gone now. If they were important you should have had two backups one on your computer for convience and a backup of that backup on a memory stick/thumb drive or something where nothing could get to it. USB memory is so cheap these days it cost almost nothing to back up all your good stuff. 

by Grinder666 on 2013-01-07 11:55:09

The amp turns on and I can see my tones on the little green screen just no sound comes out so thought they were still accessible.

by DickFoster on 2013-01-09 10:55:06

If that's the case then maybe. You'd said it was fried so I took that as dead. Engineers are very fussy with correct terminology like that. LOL

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.