These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

using the POD HD 500 with other pedals...HELP
by iwarbride on 2013-01-09 08:46:54

hey everyone,  here is my current rig,

GLP Studio

Boss TU-2 Tuner

Vox Satchrator

Boss Flanger

POD HD 500

My question,

Im mainly using the HD 500 (signal chain - Noise gate, Parametric EQ, Line 6 Epic Pre amp w/cab & mic , Digital Delay, Ducking Reverb.)  for my rhythm tone.  i want to set up the satchurator for my lead tone..  is there any specific way i should run my complete chain? 

guitar - tuner - Satchurator - HD500 - (BOSS Flange in the effects Loop) to my PA/AMP?   OR should i run in a different pattern....  

thsnks guys...

Josh

Re: using the POD HD 500 with other pedals...HELP
by geoff_p on 2013-01-09 14:19:22

I'd stick the dirt box in the loop before (or after to taste) the flanger in the loop, keep the loop on all the time so i can turn on flanger and/or dirt as wanted. or then again i'd stick the flanger between the pod and the power amp rather than in the loop so it is after preamp. or stick the dirt before the pod and the flanger in the loop after the preamp. what fun! is it just me or are the pods flangers vey limited?

by iwarbride on 2013-01-12 15:32:05

yeah , thats why i have the boss flange...  i like the 500's phaser, it can be real subtle..  but i like an in your face low end flange. 

how about this issue:

i have a flextone II XL,  i want to run an external cab, but want the internal speakers to work as well,  is there a mod to use? 

by Krontab on 2013-01-12 19:09:22

I have a Flex III XL and it has an external speaker plug on the back. Not sure if the Flex II had that. As for modding there is just a positive and negative wire going to the speaker that could be spliced into. Reguard Ohms law if running parrallel wiring. Do not go under the minimum ohm rating or you will overheat and damage the amp.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.