These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

Someone help quick
by EmpireofInsanity on 2013-01-09 22:31:57

So ive had this spider 4 150w amp for about 4 months now, and its starting to make this really awful high pitched noise after a few seconds of play... Its so bad i can hear it over my whole band at practice. I could temporarily fix the noise by banging on the right side of the amp but it makes a really ugly craking noise and its so ghetto... I cant take it to a tech guy kuz my band has two upcoming shows in less than a week. I Have a tube pedal that sorta delays the noise but it still gets there. I also love to play on insane and custom made insane like tones.

Someone please help D:

I could try to reset to factory settings but that cant be my only option..

Re: Someone help quick
by fflbrgst on 2013-01-10 05:39:08

Does it make the sound no matter what preset (or manual setting) tone you use?  Are you sure its not feedback? Have you tried a different guitar and cable?  If you bought it new, its still under warranty and if the problem persists after trying a factory reset, then I would suggest bringing it to a factory service center.

by EmpireofInsanity on 2013-01-10 17:33:20

Im sure its not feedback i know what that is. And its any preset as long as its loud enough, i factory reset it and the problem is still there

by EmpireofInsanity on 2013-01-10 17:34:15

I also tried my other guitar and other cable

by zorman32 on 2013-02-27 18:56:11

You're using a tube pedal, could it be that you may be overloading the input circuitry with too much signal?  I remember reading that note when I first got my spider 4 120, I used a ton of pedals and boosts with a tube amp before I got this one, and found that it's not as 'overdrive friendly' at the input jack at all. 

Dunno, good luck with it though.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.