These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Relay Digital Wireless

Scratchy chord issue
by herbyguitar on 2013-01-10 07:56:13

I'm using a XD V55 transmitter on a guitar. I decided to make an extra chord for it. The new chord I made gives me a scratchy sound from the volume pot as it leaves 0 position. I made the solder connections cleanly and precisely with no excess solder. I'm baffled as to why the new chord has this problem and the original chord doesn't. What am I missing?

Re: Scratchy chord issue
by dboomer on 2013-01-10 09:28:32

It may well be the construction of the cable itself.  Does it have a carbon film between the shield and the conductor?

Specifically what cable is it?

by herbyguitar on 2013-01-10 14:08:28

It came off my 20 year old Nady wireless transmitter. I installed the 4 pin mini XLR plug and removed the filter cap from the other end. The center wire is white. It also has a clear coating underneath this outer coating. I don't see any coating over the outer shield wire. Just the rubber outer sleeve. Maybe I should use a different  chord...

by dboomer on 2013-01-11 09:42:18

If the cable is 20 years old maybe it's time to retire it

by herbyguitar on 2013-01-14 05:36:19

All my cable is too big to squeeze through the mini XLR sleeve. I'll need to buy smaller cable which defeats the purpose of making cheap alternatives to purchasing ready made chords. Frustrating.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.