These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

Direct recording with JTV guitars
by dchernov551 on 2013-01-10 09:27:27

Hello!

One of the reasons why I am hoping to buy myself a James Tyler Variax guitar is the ability to write and record music without changing guitars and having all the necessary within the reach of my hand. Since I am not performing live at the moment and the main use is going to be direct recording into the external soundcard, I would like to ask for the experiences and the benefits of JTV guitar. One thing that is certain is that there is no hum and no feedback from the single coils with the appropriate models. Now do models sound good with the direct recording? And how do acoustics and resonators sound? As I understand it, a clean tone plays a great role during recording, so the models might improve the recording experience as the source sound will be much better. Am I right here?

Any experiences and advices would be greatly appreciated to help me make my mind. Thank you!!!

Denis

Re: Direct recording with JTV guitars
by phil_m on 2013-01-10 09:37:55

The acoustic models sound fine going direct. You'd probably want to apply effects and EQ to them in a similar way that would if you micing a real acoustic.

For the electric models you'll need some sort of amp modeling to get them to sound like you'd typically want an electric guitar to sound. It's just using any other electric guitar in that sense.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.