These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: StageScape M20d Mixer Community Support

Sagescape touchscreen not very responsive
by altonabeach on 2013-01-10 21:36:08

Hi,

I've tried Stagescape today in a shop, great mixer and futuristic concept.Congratulation.

My only concern in testing the mixer was the touchscreen, it wasn't very responsive and at times it got stacked. Perhaps I'm used to the ipad beeing very smooth.

Does the Stagescape touchscreen behave like an ipad ?, or I need to be perhaps more gentle to get a more accurate response.....

Everything else is just brilliant

Re: Sagescape touchscreen not very responsive
by choffer74 on 2013-01-11 02:44:40

hi,

i've had the stagescape about a month. I've noticed that some people can be a little heavy handed with the touchscreen- and its not responsive. Try the more gentle approach ;-)

Re: Sagescape touchscreen not very responsive
by dboomer on 2013-01-12 11:11:28

"Does the Stagescape touchscreen behave like an ipad ?"

No it doesn't.  An iPad uses a capacative touch and the M20d uses a resistive touch.  A capacitive touch only requires

only sufficient pressure necessary for the touch to be sensed while a resistive touch requires firm pressure.

That may seem like a bad thing, but it's just too easy to accidently change something you didn't intend to if the screen were that easy.  That could lead to disaster in a live sound setting.  So we'd rather dissappoint you and make you push twice than to have something come on screaming in a PA system that you didn't intend to have happen.  This is also why multi-touch is a not a part of StageScape.

The good news is that you quickly get used to the touch.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.