These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Valve

Blue/purple wave of death?!
by JamHq on 2013-01-15 01:42:35

On friday as I was about to practice, I turned on my LINE 6 MKII valve head and a purple/blue wave of electricity rolled over everything metal inside the head. I had it plugged into a furman surge bar as well as my other gear. everything else works fine but now my amp has no sound at all and all the power tubes appear to have burn holes through the tops where the springs touch the glass! I have no clue what to do from here and suggestions or help? I can give more detail if needed

Re: Blue/purple wave of death?!
by SSstormtrooper on 2013-01-15 11:42:09

I'd never plug it in again or mess with it at all until you have a pro look at it or get it serviced under warranty.

It sounds to me like something is fubar with the power transformer and is sending juice through the chassis somehow. Definitely a hazard type situation from what you describe. Not trying to be an alarmist, just a realist. Let us know how it goes.

by JamHq on 2013-01-19 03:00:55

So I found the issue, one of the inner Slow blow fusers... well blew haha and I believe what I seen was probably the tubes buning out ?

by ihventura on 2013-02-17 08:56:43

Radical

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.