These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Audio cut out when using UX2 as default audio on Mac
by Lakortha on 2013-01-15 07:47:57

Hello Line 6 communtiy,

So I will describe best what my current issue is and what I have tried so far.

I am trying to set up my UX2 to be my default audio output for my mac and I just seem to be going round in circles in terms of getting it working for like 20 seconds, then trying to fix it again for 20 minutes. Right now I am on OSX 10.8.2 with the Line 6 monkey and license software installed.

Here is the order of how things happen:

1. Log onto line 6 monkey and download audio drivers
2. Mac restarts
3. Re-log back onto line 6 monkey to check drivers and firmware update

4. Music plays through my speakers connected to UX2 via analog outs
5. 20 seconds later, I hear a large pop sound and the UX2 cuts out completely
6. I re-plug in the USB cable, and the UX2 is flashing red lights at me as if I have installed no audio drivers

7. Go back up to point 1

Now I can't quite figure out what is going on, when I connected the UX2 to my PC, it picked everything up fine. I was able to set the UX2 as my default audio output and that was it, dead simple. Now when I use the Mac I keep going to point 6 then ending up back at square one.

I doubt it is my monitors as I have literally just purchased them, same as the balanced cables I am using to connect them. I aslo tried using a different USB cable to connect the UX2 to my Mac and the same problem occurs. I have also adjusted my buffer rate to see if that helps and nothing changes. I have also had a look through the troubleshooting threads sticked and nothing quite accurately describes my problem.

If anyone can shed some light on this issue I will be most appreciative.

Regards,
Lak

Re: Audio cut out when using UX2 as default audio on Mac
by Lakortha on 2013-01-16 17:03:12

Nevermind, figured this is the issue that everyone else has been having, I'll pop this down as answered and people can ignore this post.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.