These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

Tuning problems with Spider IV versus FBV MK II Floorboard.
by PrsSe on 2013-01-21 03:09:34

Hi everybody,

I recently bought a FBV MK II floorboard.  In there is a possibilyty for tuning your guitar by holding one of the pedals; it goes in the tuning-mode.

Normaly I prefer a tuning fork between my teeth  with A440 ( I'm 62 and oldfashioned LOL.) But.......there is a tuner in my Spider IV 30 and now a tuner in my floorboard.

So, I gave it a try.

Now the stupid things:  mij FBV controller tunes at E-flat, A-flat, D-flat, G-flat, B-flat and e-flat. So it drops half a tone  ???????????

My Spider IV amp. tunes just right if I disconnect the floorboard and do the tuning with the led-lights themselves at the amp. Holding the pedals at the pedal give me a tuner with mol.

Question:  Is there somewhere a possibilty to change the tuning in the floorboard?  And how do I do that?

I searched the Amp spider manual and the complete FBV manual but there seems no possibility available.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance.

PRSSE

Danny from Holland.

Re: Tuning problems with Spider IV versus FBV MK II Floorboard.
by fflbrgst on 2013-01-21 05:35:24

Have you updated the firmware in your FBV and amp?  The Shortboard does not have a tuner built-in, it is only duplicating the amp's tuner. if it is 'off', then the firmware update may help.

by PrsSe on 2013-01-21 06:27:05

Ty man, but I know there isn't a seperate tuner in the floorboard. The thing I can't explain is the fact, that the floorboard is tuning in flat.

Like I wrote E-flat a.s.o.

That's strange and has i.m.h.o. nothing to do with updating firmware. The amp itself tunes correct at A-440. No problem with that.

One could suppose there is an option to tune in flat and # but I can't find a way to change the tuning. The sign for "flat" (can't type the thing) is visible at the floorboard. Looks like a b.

Bye.

by fflbrgst on 2013-01-25 12:38:38

There are two possible causes:

1) Hardware - this could only be fixed at a factory authorized service center.

2) Software - first attempt to fix the problem is to download and install the FBV firmware update.  If that doesn't work, then bring it to a factory authorized service center for evaluation and repair/replacement.

Alternately, if this is still under store warranty for wherever you bought it, bring it back there for exchange.

by PrsSe on 2013-02-09 17:09:52

Thanks man. I went back to the store. No problem whatsoever. I got another unit in replacement and that one works fine. Now it works properly. But, I still hang to my tuningfork between the teeth too. :-)

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.