These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Variax Guitars / Bass / Workbench

Variax 600 manual exclaims I can make my bridge float?
by clay-man on 2013-01-22 21:58:14

I read in my manual that my Variax came with that I could make the bridge a floating bridge to do some pitch up stuff.

I was wondering how do I adjust the bridge to accomplish that? It doesn't state in the manual.

Re: Variax 600 manual exclaims I can make my bridge float?
by TheRealZap on 2013-01-23 06:21:54

i've never heard it phrased like that... but you can use workbench to create virtual capos that up-tune your guitar...

you have to have a workbench interface or a variax capable pod to do so though....

by Spiderplayer7 on 2013-01-23 11:44:32

Isn't clay-man asking if the bridge can be adjusted for up-bends as well as down-bends using the trem arm , not changing the pitch of the strings via workbench? If so, I can adjust the bridge of my 700 to float, so if it's the same as the 600 it's possible. Having said that, the trem arm on my 700 is almost impossible to make tight enough in its socket for serious use, so I don't bother with it. Love the guitar in spite of that, though

by clay-man on 2013-01-23 17:17:48

Yes. How do I set it up though?

by Londonbabe on 2013-01-24 01:04:44

Take the cover off the back and gradually loosen the tensioning screws on the tremolo springs until it allows you to bend up a semitone or two. you need to keep retuning the guitar as you do this, so you'll get the desired tension.

by clay-man on 2013-01-24 18:35:38

So basically make the bridge float up a bit to give room off the body so I can pull up? Couldn't you do that with any tremelo technically?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.