These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

Did the 1.9 upgrade- lost all models
by tomt6257 on 2013-01-24 08:06:57

I upgrade to 1.9 on my JTV-69.    It indicated a successfull download.

Now none of the models work.  The model selector switch does work ( it lights) but no discernable changes in the model.

should I do the uprgrade again?

Re: Did the 1.9 upgrade- lost all models
by phil_m on 2013-01-24 08:11:24

should I do the uprgrade again?

Yeah, I would think that would be the way to go. You don't really have much other choice do you?

by tomt6257 on 2013-01-24 08:29:56

Thanks,   I rolled back to 1.82, Checked it and models were still gone.

I reinstalled 1.90 and models are still gone. Will have to contact support.

by tomt6257 on 2013-01-24 09:06:52

Called support, . They suggested to change out Cat 5 cables and use another computer and keep updating.

I did and after several times it caught and I am good to go.!

Thanks Line 6 and all.

by adessmith on 2013-01-24 09:51:09

I had this happen when trying to update my JTV via my X3 Live on the front port of my PC.

When I used the USB interface that came with the guitar, and connected it to the back port of my PC everything worked fine. I dont know exactally which one (if either)

On some computers, front USB ports are nothing more than an unpowered hub. Sometimes these front ports dont supply enough power to certian devices (especially if there is one or more additional devices plugged in) For critical opperations, you should always use rear USB ports just to be sure.

There seem to be lots of reports of updates not working on these forums. Apparently sometimes it takes several tries to get it to work. I dont think anyone has really pinpointed what the problem is, but its a common issue.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.