These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

Trying out Line 6 gear and JTVs in Brisbane - Australia
by sdd12122000 on 2013-01-26 05:38:25

Hi All,

The biggest music store in my part of the world went bust late last year.

They were also financially linked with he Australian Line 6 distributor I hear.

There seems to be stock in other states, but I can't track down any store stock (at all) in my state (Queensland) anywhere in any of the other smaller stores.

If another person tries to sell me a strat instead I'll scream.

I'm told that it's taking time to set up distribution channels again in Australia?

I've also never actually seen a variax of any description in any stores though either.

I'm after a JTV 59. Really keen and prepared to order from interstate.

However, I want to play one first.

Does anyone know anything about the state of the distributorship, or is local (Brisbane) and has one they are willing to let me see before I order?

Cheers.

Re: Trying out Line 6 gear and JTVs in Brisbane - Australia
by snhirsch on 2013-01-26 06:43:10

Sounds like Line-6 distribution in Oz isn't a whole lot different from New England in the US.  I had to drive 500+ miles round trip to find a stocking dealer and bring home my JTV-69. 

by sdd12122000 on 2013-01-26 15:10:06

The nearest I've been able to find is 630 miles away. 1260 miles round trip. And they don't have the fnish I want.

That'a bit far to see how a guitar plays and then have to order one.

by GugaWedge on 2013-02-05 00:07:54

Hi mate,

I leave close to Lismore. Not Brisbane, but close enough if you are keen to give it a try. I also have an HD300 and a dt50 head/cab combo, so you can try them all together.

Cheers.

by sdd12122000 on 2013-02-05 18:59:55

Thanks mate,

How did you go in the floods? All ok down there?

I will PM you when I can get down there.

It'll take 2.5 hours each way from here to Lismore, so I'll need a day on a weekend.

I'm already booked out with kid's activities this weekend.

Is that ok?

Cheers.

by goodkingzog on 2013-02-22 17:29:56

Hi there, I just ordered and received my JTV-59 and the new distributor in Australia is Australis Music in Sydney, who also bring in Ibanez. As of the week ending Feb 17, they had received shipment of a number of different models, both Korean and US manufactured. I rang them and they gave me a choice of stockists in Victoria. You can reach them on 02 9698 4444

Cheers

Craig

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.