These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Valve

Help: Spider Valve MKII 212 Random Buzzing Sound!
by xAKUM3TSUx on 2013-01-27 20:21:17

Hi again. It's been a while since I've been on the forums but I seriously need some help. Today I turned on my SV MKII 212 amp to start recording and a little while after jamming, this loud buzzing and popping noise occured. It happens from time to time and will stop at some point (5 to 8 secs), but I definitely cant record anything this way. I'm still new to amps and instruments and I haven't done anything to upset the amps performance since I bought it almost a year ago. This just suddenly happened today so I don't know the cause. I also dont wanna take it apart cuz I sure as hell don't know what I'm doing. Can anybody help me with this? I did some searching and saw someone else had a similar issue. It mentioned having something to do with my power tubes (on which again my ignorance is abliss). If so should I take the amp to a repair store or change the tubes myself? Also could anyone give me a price or place I could check or buy tubes for this amp. If anyoned could tell me more about tubes and how to replace them- OR what is wrong with my amp, I would really appreciate it. Thank You!!!

PS: I could also make a small perfomance video on my problem if needed.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.