These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: XD-V Digital Wireless Microphones

wireless mic forums

XD35 bodypack VS 55
by TommWilliams on 2013-01-29 16:23:20

Looking to add just a few headsets to my growing collection of V55 receivers/HH units. As I only need a few, wondering if I can simply use V35 bodypacks (and save a little$$)? IF so, are there any important features I'd be giving up? They both use the Shure connector I believe?

Re: XD35 bodypack VS 55
by RonMarton on 2013-01-29 16:29:36

Sorry Tomm...

Regrettably they don't "both use the Shure connector". The V35's have a guitar jack input.

Also I reckon it's well worth the extra cash for the "Speech Filter" modeling, external "rubber ducky" antennae and more robust "rack mountable" construction of the 55s.

by TommWilliams on 2013-01-30 07:30:46

Thank you for the reply, I thought the 35 used the same connector as the 55 bodypack. Not looking for 1/4" plugs when using theatre type ear mount mics.

by RonMarton on 2013-01-30 11:34:23

Too right!

1/4" plugs (even the right-angled variety) can be a real, literal, pain in the backside when used for theatrical belt-pack applications.

Also their additional length translates into additional leverage at the connector's point of entry into the transmitter, often yielding premature failure via the "cracking" of contacts and/or other damage to internal circuitry.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.