These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

Does the pod x3 not support VSTs anymore?
by RickBlacker on 2013-01-29 21:34:56

So a while back I had recorded some riffs with my podx3 VSTs. I had used Reaper as my DAW, sent in a dry signal, used the Pod X3 vts,  Formatted my hard drive a month or so ago, downloaded gearbox, vst's don't work in Reaper any longer. I see a little box asking if I want to basically register my gear, I go through all that, but still nothing... I've rebooted my computer, ensured that the VSTs are in the DAW file path.  The plugins appear in reaper, but the amp models just don't do anything...

Am I missing something?

Re: Does the pod x3 not support VSTs anymore?
by TheRealZap on 2013-01-30 03:53:51

gearbox plugins are not supported anymore... but you should be able to get an upgrade to pod farm (version 1.x not 2.x) for free with all the same sounds.

you'll also need to use the new license manager in monkey to authorize the x3.

by RickBlacker on 2013-01-30 10:20:17

Hmm, ok I'll try installing Pod Farm 1.  I installed Pod Farm last night but maybe it was version 3x or something because it did not seem to want to work.

How does the upgrade work?  I've never purchased Pod Farm.  Does my existing PodX3 count towards applying for the upgrade?

by TheRealZap on 2013-01-30 10:57:43

yeah your license was automatically upgraded to pod farm 1.x rather than the gearbox plugin. install that and you should be off and running.

by RickBlacker on 2013-02-01 07:38:35

I uninstalled pod farm, installed version 1. Rebooted my computer and all that  Opened up Reaper (my daw) and my plugins still don't work.  They show up in reaper, you can see their GUI representations, knobs, fx chains and all that, but they just don't do anything.

I want to think it's something small I'm overlooking, but never had this issue before.

by silverhead on 2013-02-01 09:28:05

Is your X3 connected?

by TheRealZap on 2013-02-01 10:07:54

have you gone into the reaper settings and pointed to the correct VST folder? the old VST's might still be showing, and won't work...

should be something like program files\line6\pod farm\ vst

but not sure of the path.

by RickBlacker on 2013-02-01 14:09:59

Ah... That was it... I uninstalled Pod Farm 2, installed Pod Farm 1.  But, didn't set the VST folder to the Pod Farm 1 VST location.  Things are working now.

Thanks all.

BTW, how much is the upgrade to Pod Farm 2 if I already own a PODx3?

by TheRealZap on 2013-02-01 15:03:27

the upgrade is still 99$... BUT you would have hardware independence, meaning you'd still have pod farm if you sold the x3.

*** note though...

you would need to buy all the model packs to have 100% the same as the x3, as you'd only have standard pod farm models otherwise...

however, if you pay for the upgrade AND keep the x3 plugged in, you would have the latest version with all the model packs (AKA platinum)

so you really wouldn't need the model packs until you decide to move on from the x3.

(oh yeah... if you buy a license, you would also be able to use pod farm standalone, rather than VST only)

by RickBlacker on 2013-02-02 07:10:13

Thank's Zap,

Appreciate your help, been greatly appreciated.

I'm toying with the idea of bying some VSTs, I'm just not sure yet. Part of me wants them, but not sure I NEED them. I do like the idea of sending in a dry signal into the daw and using plugins to apply FX.  And mostly that is for experimentation of tones... You know... The obvious reasons.

Anyway, again, thanks for your help!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.