These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: StageScape M20d Mixer Community Support

I can't backup
by tochiro on 2013-01-30 08:30:42

Hi,

I'm trying to backup the settings to my SD card but it just does not work.  I give a specific name to the file but that file cannot be found on the SD card after the backup.  How come?

Cheers

Re: I can't backup
by silverhead on 2013-01-30 08:47:44

Are you targeting the file to a folder opn the SD device, or just to the top level device directory? I seem to recall having an experience like that. But whewn I created a folder on the device and then targeted the folder for the Save destination, the file was saved successfully in the folder. Weird, and my memory may be faulty, but that's what I seem to recall.

by ArneLine6 on 2013-01-30 09:29:37

When you press the "Backup Presets" button a dialog pops up. It says "Backup  Save to: (choose location)  Name  (Backup File)" if you press the "(choose location)" tab and select the the SD card or a folder on the SD card your backup is saved in that location.

by tochiro on 2013-01-30 09:34:52

It's what Silverhead said - if you create a specific folder for the backup file it works but if you want to save the backup file to the root of the SD card it does not work.  Weird behavior.  Thank you Silverhead

by silverhead on 2013-01-30 10:59:30

You're welcome. I've noticed a couple of weird things that seem to work with one approach but not with another. The backup root/folder situation is one.

Another is the placing of custom presets in the Gallery. I posted another thread about this earlier today.

But in both cases, the job can be done - just not necessarily how you might expect.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.