These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

POD HD Desktop and Customtone...
by superkungfukid on 2013-01-30 12:19:32

Well, I just had the displeasure of discovering how useless Customtone is for owners of the HD "bean" at present. There are very few patches that have been uploaded by users thus far and what is there looks to be mostly metal oriented. Much to my chagrin, it seems the custom user patches available for the other POD HD models are not compatible with the bean - why, I don't know...which brings me to my question(s):

Is there some kind of conversion possible to allow customtone presets for other POD HD models to be compatible with the POD HD Desktop? Does anyone know why they aren't compatible already?

Re: POD HD Desktop and Customtone...
by spaceatl on 2013-01-30 12:24:55

HD500 and HDPro patches are compatable...you can change the extension of the patch or drag and drop it into Edit...

by superkungfukid on 2013-01-30 12:30:01

With tones from both the HD500 and HDPro, I have tried both drag and drop into HD Edit method and changing the file extension to .hbe, and all I get is an error message either way and it resets the patch to a blank "new tone" state...

by spaceatl on 2013-01-30 12:45:47

current firmware? current Edit?

I have heard with some patches you have to prepare them for a Desktop...2 things that the Desktop does not have...FXLoop and Variax input...I think that can cause a patch reset if the HD500 or HDPro patch was saved that way...A corrupt patch will do that as well...

You can run the editors without the hardware and prepare a patch...

by silverhead on 2013-01-30 12:49:16

There is a Pod HD patch conversion utility generously provided by one of our community members. I will do a quick search and find it for you, then update this post with a link.......

.... and here it is:

http://www.jzab.de/content/pod-hd#hd300

Thanksto jzab!!

by superkungfukid on 2013-01-30 13:02:37

I'm running the most current everything.

Are you saying I should be able to load the patch into edit, without the Desktop connected to the computer, and prepare it for the Desktop?

by superkungfukid on 2013-01-30 13:03:19

I'll have to try that out ASAP. Has anyone else successfully used this conversion utility?

by silverhead on 2013-01-30 13:08:55

Yes - many have used the utility.

Alternatively, you could run the HD500 Edit program (without any HD500 device connected), load the HD500 patch, edit it to remove any Pod HD incompatibilities (inputs and FX Loop), and then save it - still as a n HD500 patch. But with the incompatibilities removed it should now load successfully into Pod HD Edit.

by superkungfukid on 2013-01-30 13:11:33

I can download the HD500 Edit program without needing to have a HD500? Cool! I wasn't aware of that, but it could definitely come in handy.

by superkungfukid on 2013-01-30 13:12:55

Thanks spaceatl and silverhead!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.