These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: StageScape M20d Mixer Community Support

Media Player "Stop after Song" toggle?
by silverhead on 2013-01-30 14:32:10

The Media Player in the M20d is designed to play songs/files continuously without pause between songs. This is great for background music during intermissions.

Is there a way to set the player to automatically stop at the end of each song, requiring a  manual touch to proceed with the next song? This would be better for using the player for backing tracks during a live performance.

Re: Media Player "Stop after Song" toggle?
by theShowmakers on 2013-01-31 02:28:31

I don't have a answer to your Question.

But meanwhile i would try the following workaround:

make a long Song which is silent, an place it between each of your backing tracks.

while performing, after one Song with backing it is silent, beacuse of the silent Track.

If you want to go on with your next track, you just need to klick (possible with a Footswitch) next Track.

The only risk is, if you make a longer pause as the silent Track, you need to press Stop.

by silverhead on 2013-01-31 05:58:56

Thanks for the suggestion. That's a practical workaround.

by silverhead on 2013-01-31 08:48:58

I also see that you can assign a Footswitch to the media player Play/Stop function, but it still requires a manual intervention to stop play after each song.

by caledonian on 2013-02-06 14:20:38

I would rather see it playing one song at a time as you can forget and it sounds bad when you talk then the next song starts!

by theShowmakers on 2013-02-13 05:13:10

Yes, the Play/Stop works also with a Footswitch. But be prudent: if you Stop while the last song is playing, and then Start, the last Song will play from beginning.

by mishulix on 2013-02-13 14:45:15

One other way to do it is to edit each song in an audio editor and add at the end of songs 30 sec of silence(or whatever makes you happy). That way you do not get confused with all those silent songs in the playlist and you have enough time to switch to the next one in the playlist. Evidently, the best solution would be a software update but...

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.