These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider I / II / III

my spider iii pooped on my lcd screen left 8 black turds 120 watt 2x10"
by TIMMAN on 2013-01-30 16:53:53

yep the oh so familiar black box bars of death. as you all know the amp is practically junk at that point. called a authorized service center they want 180 plus my hour ride there my hour ride back no amp for who knows how long rent amps so i can play live then who knows what other surprise cost may be in there and finally what i paid for the amp. so whats that come out to at least a brand new spider iv. so i been googling like a nut and this is a damn common problem. WTH line 6 this problem wasnt advertised in any of your product fliers or online ads or store ads, obviously only because nobody would buy them. yea my amp is outta warranty yada yada the thing is mint though i never abused it. how does an amp just break from using it. its built to be plugged in and played isnt? i call you guys and you quick and easy you guys say call a service a center. like you dont want to bother with me. the reason this upsets me is because this amp sounds great and for the price geez its a win win. the problem is millions left the factory with this condition and you guys say its the end users responsibility.  really guys i was set on being faithful and strictly use your product. ive used peavey marshall mesa fender behringer egnater orange diamond. i can keep goin and i know i know theres some top dollar amps in there how can i compare i cant really they all sound awesome in there own way but i practically get all those in one unit. this seriously is disturbing you guys arent backing us spider iii owners. we bought your product because it was just what we wanted not because it was only available. plus all of us are requesting how to repair where to repair and so on, clearly that says we want to keep on using your amp and no one elses. i expected more since your such a huge company. after all you guys stated the spider 210 is the most sold amp around the world that says your product is awesome but the secret us people dont know you dont seem to want to back it up or us.

Re: my spider iii pooped on my lcd screen left 8 black turds 120 watt 2x10"
by TheRealZap on 2013-01-30 17:19:20

they did back spider III amps for the length of the warranty like any other company... they can't give you a forever warranty and stay in business.

bummer for your bad news... happens to all of us...

by TIMMAN on 2013-01-30 19:33:06

I understand they cant but clearly this is an issue that comes from the factory thats called bad quality assurance isnt it? They shouldnt make us users pay for their mistake.

by TheRealZap on 2013-01-31 03:54:27

how so? it's an electronic device, and subject to all the perils of electronic devices... i've not been looking for the issue, so clearly i've not seen as many discussions regarding it as you have....

but a spider III is probably 4 or 5 years old at this point... i think that's a bit far removed from a factory induced issue...

by TIMMAN on 2013-01-31 04:41:30

Yes the amp is old and i know they cant guarantee it for a lifetime. The problem here is this is a common problem. The same board or dlp burning up in every single one of these amps, its not a problem with the factory or even as deep as the supplier of the components come on? I can see a resisitor or diode or transistor but the actual brain. There is 2 amps i know off right now my friends peavey renown still going he bought this thing brand new never repaired it and its still kicking as good as new. He also has a fender his dad use gig with and that was from the 60s same thing still goin. I know ithe fender is tubes and all that , but think how old these are. How old is my amp 5 to 6 years. Thats pathetic, how about this do some research on dead spider iv.

by TIMMAN on 2013-01-31 04:57:22

They wont even send me the parts so i can fix it. I build helicopter electronics i think i can handle this. What does it need to go to an authorized service center for its out of warranty anyways. Now i know since ill be amp shopping not to purchase another line 6. the mustang, vyper or vox seem to be a better choice better reviews as well as customer service is where it should be.

by TheRealZap on 2013-01-31 06:05:02

maybe it's a poor design for longevity... but 5-6 years out of a solid state amp isn't really all that bad... and i still disagree about it being a factory problem... your amp and every other one with the issue is subject to who knows what after it leaves the factory? could be a matter of dirty power, or surges that reduce the life, etc etc...

you might call other more distant service centers... they are all independent and some can chose to sell just the parts of they want...

most don't because the labor is where they make the money... but some will. of course they will mark it up a bit and charge you shipping...

but you can decide if its worth it.

by TheRealZap on 2013-01-31 06:06:34

tube amps are different... because changing the tubes changes most of the wearable electronics... and outside of that you do have component level trivial things such as pots and resistors that can be dealt with commonly and cheaply.... so we're not making a fair comparison there...

by TIMMAN on 2013-02-01 12:54:03

I dont know i think line 6 could of handled these issues much better. i mean im not looking for something for nothing. ill buy the main board and install it send the old one back or whatever the case may be. i loved this amp and i want to be able to use it.

by TheRealZap on 2013-02-03 20:00:14

like i said... call the service centers: http://line6.com/service_centers/">http://line6.com/service_centers/">http://line6.com/service_centers/

you can probably find one willing to get the part for you.

by TIMMAN on 2013-02-04 20:16:07

Not even gonna waste my time already did that. Ill just go buy a new amp which by the way will not be a line 6.

by TheRealZap on 2013-02-05 09:11:21

great and 6 years from now you can call them up and ask them for parts.

by TIMMAN on 2013-02-07 09:03:45

Why would i do that if i bought a different brand amp? Plus certain other brand amps dont just randomly die after a few years. You must be the brains of line 6

by TheRealZap on 2013-02-07 09:08:55

well because nothing last forever... regardless of who sticks their brand on the front/back/sides...

i suppose you are just being bitter and watching the betamax on the curtis mathis television console you bought and 1982...

which is all good and great.... but i think your expectations are just from another time.

i'm not a line6 employee or the brains either...

i'm just captain obvious here to save the planet.

by machinefish on 2013-02-19 07:57:36

The point is your better off with a 1965 Twin reverb.

I can fix mine with a soldering iron.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.