These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

POD HD PRO recording thoughts
by jacobogden on 2013-02-01 04:48:31

So I am currently overseas and I decided to buy some new equipment for my studio and one thing I decided to get is the Line 6 POD HD PRO for those guys that have crappy amps and would be better off recording direct in through this awesome sounding unit. I will be setting it up to be used more like a reamping device, so it will go Guitar>Profire Interface Input 1 (DI CAPABLE)>Profire Out 3>Line in POD HD PRO>Balanced Out POD HD PRO>Profire Interface Input 2.

Now the questions start.

-Using the line input/output on the pod, will there be any less quality as long as its set to 96Khz out, or is that only for USB?

-If i decided to use my Universal Audio 710 preamp on the guitar, should I run it before or after it goes through the line 6 and is that even a good idea for tube and or solid state blending purpose

-Has anyone tried any hardware compressors on the POD HD PRO?

-Is a reamp device such as my radial X amp necessary between the Profire out and the Pod line in?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.